Battleline min req for 1500 pts

Mortarch

Question

Quick one,

For games of 1500 points, (and I suppose for game of other sizes not listed in GHB), what is the consensus around minimum Battleline requirements?

Does it track from the previous, lower valued amount until you hit the next points threshold? Or (in a parallel manner to the unit sizes) does it increase to the next level once you've surpassed the previous?

Thanks ?

2 answers to this question

From what I've seen, there's no consensus -- half the people use the 1000 requirements, and the other half use the 2000 requirements. However, page 106 of the GHB has the following text: "The combined points of the units in your army should not exceed the number of points shown on the chart above. For example, in a Battlehost game, you coudl each field up to 2,000 points worth of units." I could certainly see that statement being used to run 1,500 points as a (2000 pt) Battlehost-sized games, using the 2,000 pt restrictions.

It counts as the higher of the two, as a 2000p game. As the book is written at least.

But if you want a game with bigger units and less monsters/leaders/heroes I can see the potential in using the vanguard (1000p) warscroll limits but allowing the use of 1500p. There is no wrong way to do it really, whatever fits you and your opponents!

Archived