Stormcast for Local Event in January

papagumdrop

Greetings All,

I have a 1500 pt event (1,000 pt unit restrictions) in January. I play Stormcast Eterenals and was planning on using the Skyborne Slayers battalion as the core of my force. I also considered the Warrior Brotherhood, but I think Skyborne gives me the option to have more heroes at this point level in case I get Place of Power as the mission. This is the list I play tested last Friday against an Ironjawz Ironfist battalion with a mawcrusha, two warchanters, two ardboyz units, and two brute units. We rolled the escalation battle plan.

Skyborne Slayers - 140

Lord Celestant - 100

Lord Celestant on Dracoth - 220

Knight Venator - 120

10 Liberators - 200

10 Judicators - 320

5 Decimators - 200

5 Protectors - 200

I went first and dropped them around the middle objective but had them a bit too clumped up to get off good charges. There was some building terrain around the middle and only my decimators were able to charge one of his brute units. One big thing I did wrong was keeping the Lord on Dracoth too far back. I didn't want him to get charged first so he didn't get into combat till the 3rd turn. I forgot to use quite a few things like the dracoth breath and the lord celestant's command ability. At the end of the game I lost 6 to 4. It was a bit of a bloodbath with only my Lord on Dracoth, and my Knight Venator left standing. The IronJawz player had his mawcrusha, both chanters and one unit of brutes.

Any tips for how to better drop the battalion or suggested list tweaks?

Thanks for looking.

Archived