Need help with a nurgle 1500p army

AllanBallan

I'm looking to assemble a 1500p nurgle list.

I am thinking on using:

30x plaguebearers

Glottkin

and perhaps epidemius

It is not set in stone if we will be playing 2 or 3 battle line units, but no mather what i will be filling the remaining spots with 1 or 2 units of 10 chaos marauders of nurgle.

How should I support this core for the army?

Plagueclaw catapults?

Blightkings?

Plaguedrones?

Princes?

Or something els?

Please help me come up with a balanced army for a tourny!

Regards 

It depends on what you're playing against. If you run epidemius, catapults are aces. Drones are good... they've never disappointed me. Just run six of them, and keep a DP near for their locus, (there might be a points problem here). There's a nice little battalion called the Tallyband which is fun to play. Check it out too.

6 drones might be a problem when glottkin is 480 epidemius is 180 and 30 plaguebearers is 300. that is 960 points right there. Then i have to add one or two units of marauders wich is 60p/unit. so alittle short on points for 6 drones. 3 is doable but i dont think 6 is.

Anyone have any more suggestions?

Thank you all for your inputs!

Regards! 

On December 9, 2016 at 1:37 AM, AllanBallan said:

6 drones might be a problem when glottkin is 480 epidemius is 180 and 30 plaguebearers is 300. that is 960 points right there. Then i have to add one or two units of marauders wich is 60p/unit. so alittle short on points for 6 drones. 3 is doable but i dont think 6 is.

Anyone have any more suggestions?

Thank you all for your inputs!

Regards! 

If you are set on running those three units, I would suggest the following:

• Glottkin (480)
  • Epidemius (180)
  • Mounted Chaos Sorcerer Lord [Nurgle marked] (140)
  • 30 Plaguebearers (300)
  • Plagueclaw (180)
  • 20 Chaos Marauders [Nurgle marked] (120)
  • 5 Chaos Marauder Horsemen [Nurgle marked] (100) or 5 Chaos Furies [Nurgle marked] (60)

The Plagueclaw gives you that strategic ranges killing power but having one is going to hurt you.  This works better at 2000 points when you can have 2.

The sorcerer allows you to first turn buff your Plagueclaw with Daemonic Power (reroll 1s on hit and wound) to make sure its hit lands).  It also gives you a third hero for place of power with high mobility (you'll need to kit bash this hero or pick one of the metal ones up on ebay for $15).

The Marauders give you a second battle line unit and a second mass of bodies for objective taking.  They'll benefit from Glottkin's command and are priced well (take shields!).

The final 100 points should be spent on mobility, something you have woefully little of.  I would either grant the Marauder Horsemen (probably the better option) or Chaos furies (which can be marked; more importantly they are a high mobility flying model that can be summoned if you hold them in reserve).  The Horsemen have more wounds, more attacks and ranged, so they are probably the better option, although the furies could be used strategically at a clutch moment with summoning and dropping them on an unmanned objective for a last minute win.  It is a tough call but you'll have to figure out which way to go.

Given that you're committed to Glottkin and Epidemius, this is about as good as you're going to get at 1500 points.  The list could be refined quite a bit more if you were willing to swap out these two characters.  I have a 1800 point list where I've tried to do similar things for Holy Wars in Feb.  Running Nurgle is tough and these two heroes narrow decisions significantly.  But those ar emu 2cp.  

Archived