How to deal with ethereals

Darthbeerder

Hey folks im looking for some guidance , hobby wise im mostly in for the painting and play occasionally. I played my buddy who has an army nearly exclusively made up of nighthaunt stuff all with the ethereal rule and they ripped through my khorne army like paper ! I fielded 20x bloodreavers 5xbloodwarriors 10xbloodletters a bloodsecrator, slaughterpriest and bloodstoker with a mighty lord of khorne as general. his army did come to slightly more points value than mine and I found hexwraiths particularly annoying . any tips for dealing with this ? it should be noted he managed to kill 10 bloodreavers in turn 2 

Mortal wounds or lots of non rending attacks. For example buy more bloodletters, a unit of 30 bloodletters could be a good counter I think.

Ps: Not an expert on khorne or ethereals but probably ok general advise against warscrolls that ignore rend. Khorne should be in a good spot against them I think.

It's one way to go. Over 20 the cause mortal wounds on a hit roll of 5+, then you have the you have allegiance abillities like lords of war and unpredicable destruktion that make it 4+ or even 3+. Then you have the banner that gives them an extra attack and stoker that gives them extra charge range. You can easily buff them up to kill everthing they thouch.  So the trick will be to keap them alive and get them into the right spot etc. 

Archived