witht King tomb blade (120)

necromancer (120)

2x40 zombies (480)

10 zombies (60)

corpse cart (80)

5 blood Knights (260)

mortis engine (180)

260 points for summon:

i think I'll summon spirit hosts(6 I hope) grave guards or varghulf !!

what do you prefer?:)

Leaders
Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon (440)
- General
- Deathlance & Shield & Chalice
- Trait: Ruler of the Night
- Artefact: Ring of Immortality
Mannfred Mortarch Of Night (460)

Units
Zombies x 10 (60)
Zombies x 10 (60)
Zombies x 10 (60)
Blood Knights x 5 (260)
Blood Knights x 5 (260)
Vargheists x 3 (160)
Vargheists x 3 (160)

Behemoths

War Machines

Battalions

Scenery

Total: 1920/2000

This list can fly to your opponent and got things turn ugly very fast.  The last 80 is for summoning dependent on the opponent and/or scenario.

10 zombies is 60 pts, while a banshee is 80. So you can summon either one of them.

Best screen unit for summon is direwolves with their good save and large bases can screen a larger area while being a threat themselves

Zombies are for battle line purposes only and they benefit more from regerenating if they remain seperated. I would not summon more zombies in this list.

If you can deploy your two heroes in a central position to your army, then you can benefit from 5++ ward save for your entire army.  Mannfred has a good defense from his armour, and if he can cast mystical shield to VL, they will dominate their field together.

Blood knights are one of the best units of the entire game with very good charge damage, fixed charge range and armour save and regeranation abilities. 

Varghesits is a good, hard hitting and fast missile unit that can threaten opponent , backline troops.

Zombies are for objectives.

This list imo is as best as you can get from vampire  builds, of course it can be tweaked to your style or available models...

Feel free to use it or not.

Good night

I asked about zombies about his option to unit 2/3 of them..u can unit your units of zombies in one of 30 ,with summon is 40 or u can keep that 10 unit for objective. Maybe it can work..about blood knights nothing to say,i dont know about manfred in this list ..for 260 i can put 1 necro and 1 vampire ( 2 mages more for trait,plus broken necro spell and i got 200 more for summon) and idk if 2x3 vargheist worth the points:)

Look at this list guys

vlozd (440)

necromancer (120)

2x10 zombies (120)

30 zombies (180)

5 blood knights (260)

mortis engine (180)

corpse cart (80)

2 morghaist archai (240)

tot 1620

i got 380 for summon

1 turn: with + 3 to summon i try to summ 20 zombies with 5+ , in this hero phase i got 1 unit of 30 zomb and 1 unit of 40 zomb , im using zomb ability for unit my units into 1 more big.

it cost only 120 summ points

with the rest summ points i can try to summ spirit host (6 for 7+,grave guard or vargheist ,with my +3 seems more easy try to do it

what do u think?:)

anyway sorry for my english:)

I have a doubt about last list and a new one! The last I m posting is about vlozd and 2 mortis engine combo! Mortis give a lot af sustain to vl, they making him so tanky!!

vlozd (440)

necromancer (120)

2x10 zombies (120)

30 zombies (180)

5 blood knights (260)

mortis engine (180)

mortis engine (180)

corpse cart (80)

2 morghaist archai (240)

tot 1800

first turn i use zombies ability to make one unit of 40 zomb and 1 of 10 zomb , i play necro and corpse cart near them. Archai and blood knights for hold another objective( if possible is important put archai near necro because they give me +1 to summ ,with corpse cart +2) on the other  side vlozd and 2 mortis (+2 for cast mistic shild or arcane bolt) and mortis ability to make my general immortal:)

- with summon points 10 dire wolfes + banshee, vargheist or varghful :)

what do you prefer?:)

Unfortunatly my plan has to change because in matched play i cant unit 2 units of 10 zombies ..cause GHB .

my new list is :

vlozd (440)

necromancer (120)

2x10 zombies (120)

40 zombies (240)

5 blood knights (260)

mortis engine (180)

corpse cart (80)

2 morghaist archai (240)

tot 1680

the rest is summon

(more zombie if big unit gonna fall, 1 varghful or vargheist or spirit hostes) 

what do you think?:)

I wanna post that list because after i red zombies/skeletons descussion in this forum maybe i can change something to play the doble mortis engine dream :

vlozd (440)

necromancer (120)

Vampire lord (140)

2x10 zombies (120)

40 skeletons (320)

5 blood knights (260)

mortis engine (180)

mortis engine (180)

6 spirit hosts (240)

tot 2000

the idea is simple..we can divide this army in 3 parts with big synergies ..

vlozd + 2 mortis engine: I copy that in a list played on twitch streaming, 2 mortis engine give an amazing sustain to vl , and mortal wounds can be really strong offensively too

40 skeletons+ necromancer = it's pretty scary..tons of attacks with necromancer dance

6 spirit hosts+blood Knights+Vampire lord= I think mystic shilds on spirits can be so strong and there is an opportunity to cast arcane bolt too if vl decide to mshild himself

what do u think?:)

i don't know what general I can play..maybe vl without dragon is better? 

Guys I'm sorry but I have two doubts

- can this list be competitive ? 

- what I can chose as general? Vamp lord or vlozd?:) 

vlozd can have ring immortality,and vl command trait ruler of the night..i think if I play vlozd saparate from blood knights and spirit host maybe is better make vl general(I'll play him near spirits and Knights) .

but my general in this scenario have not ring of immortality and he got less wounds

what is better as general so?;)

thx all :)

Imo, VL is very squishy against ranged attacks and elite close combatters. VLoZD is tougher with a base 3+ save and 14 wounds. Also since VLoZD has a bigger base his 10" Ruler of the Night bubble reaches moreu units. 

I do not think the mortis engines to be competitive since you really do not need that much healing on VLoZD. Always engage from the flanks of enemy troops to be dealt less number of attacks for return.

the plan is cast shild on spirit hosts(3+, and usless rend) or Knights..because 2 mortis give vlozd sustain..I think vlozd and 2 mortis engine are hard to kill and can block every enemy units..

I wanna try to play normal vampire with ruler of the night as general for his command ability on spirit hosts or knights.. The only problem is normal vl has less wound then vlozd..

what is guys your opinion about this list? Can be competitive in a tournament ?:)

Archived