Slaves to Darkness List

the_prophecy

Hi,

wanted to try my Slaves to Darkness with a 1000 Pts. List. 

Leaders
Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount (140)
- General
- Trait: Great Destroyer
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (140)
- Normal

Units
Chaos Warriors x 10 (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
Chaos Marauders x 30 (180)
Chaos Knights x 5 (200)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
Dragon Ogors x 3 (160)
- Ancient Weapons

Total: 1000

I wanted to have at least two Heroes and i like the Chaos Sorcerers Ability (reroll Saves of 1 for a Chaos Unit in combination with mystic Shield). I like the Option to have 10 Chaos Warriors with 3+ rerollable 1 Saves with a 5+ Mortal Wound Save :-) and also waned to use a wizard to gain access to the Dragon Ogre Spell for Healing them

The General will be the Chaos Lord on Horse and i wanted to give him the -1 to Hit against the complete Army in the First Battle Round but it is very situational so i decided to give him the 5+ Trigger of Unpredictable Destruction

I Have also Varanguard but those guys are way too expensive for a 1000 Pt. List. Same with the Lord on Manticore

Do you guys have any tips to use Slaves to Darkness?

i´ve changed the List to the Following because i think a Lord on Manticore is a bit more effective on 1000 Pts:

Leaders
Chaos Lord On Manticore (300)
- General
- Blade & Lance 
- Trait: Great Destroyer
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (140)
- Normal
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest

Units
Chaos Marauders x 30 (180)
Chaos Warriors x 10 (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
Chaos Knights x 5 (200)
- Chaos Glaives

What do you think? Pro Dragon Ogres or Pro Manticore

1 hour ago, Iradekhorne said:

That list is better but you need marks. Withouth marks or warscroll batallions you cant proprely do combos.

The chaos warriors with hand weapon and shield are pretty meh at damaging, if you put it with two handed weapons the unit sins a lot in combat.

Yea i know, sadly i have no Chaos Warriors with 2Handed Weapons :-(

I dont know any Battalions for Slaves for 1000 Points. I do like the Khorne Warhost Battalion and the Tzeentch one they require 8 or 9 Units

In our gaming community, we're a little more laid back as far as wysiwyg. I've personally, in the past, run units with halberds and shields or hand weapons and shields and just stated at set up time that these guys are armed with great weapons. No prob. But then again, we're not talking about a sanctioned event here.

2 hours ago, Iradekhorne said:

That list is better but you need marks. Withouth marks or warscroll batallions you cant proprely do combos.

The chaos warriors with hand weapon and shield are pretty meh at damaging, if you put it with two handed weapons the unit sins a lot in combat.

^ what he said. Unfortunately, slaves are not the powerhouse units that they used to be, but with the right combos can be made to be quite challenging and fun to play. Read through all the  scrolls and look for the synergies that most closely resemble your minds eye picture of your army. Build from there.

Archived