How to use spite revenants?

Henlkhyn

Hi,

first, sorry for my bad english, i speak french but nobody can respond to my question on several french blog...

So, im new in age of sigmar and im playing with a sylvaneth's army (1500 pt) Actually i try to play with 3 warscroll batalion: Outcast + Household + Gnarlroot

so here is my army list:

30 dryad

15 spite revenants

5 Tree revenants

1 Tree lord ancien

1 Branchwych

3 Kurnoth with bow

My question is how to use the spite revenant? Do you use them like real fighters? or support (behind a ligne of dryads) for their bravery malus and their outcast ability.

Another question: what's the best way to place my unities during the placement phase? Wich unity is better to combine with another one?

I did 7-8 games and won only 2.... so in result i think my bigest problem is to not know how to use my several figures (like support, tank, fighters)

I hope you'll understand me :P

Thanks a lot for your reply

Hi Henlkhyn! 

Spite Revenants are a bit more subtle than other units, they seem to attempt to influence the bravery of enemy units. This synergizes well when your enemies are taking casualties when your Wildwoods and Spite Revenants are near each other. They also reduce bravery by 1 of nearby units, making Drycha's "Primal Terror" spell a bit more powerful. I think a big part of their ability is to keep them inside a Wildwood at all times. 

Consider using Treesong as the spell lore on your Ancient.
Keep your Spite Revenants on the tree base and just scoot it around the battlefield.

This will hopefully ensure their "Whispers in the dark" ability will trigger. With your ancient being nearby to cast spells and will trigger "rouse the Wildwood", and of course your enemies having to risk losing models when they charge the revenants (because the revs are in the wood), you should have a small handful of mortal wounds coming off this unit every round and hopefully forcing your opponent to roll bravery every time. 

Personally, I find the spite revenants to be very situational, this makes them pretty challenging to use. Especially without Drycha in the picture, and with so many abilities that negate battleshock. Taking 15 of them in a 1500 point list without Drycha is rough. You might be better off taking a few more dryads and more of an all weather unit like Kurnoth Hunters with Scythes, or a treelord. 

Ok :)

Thanks for the reply. Indeed with an 1500 army list without drycha and still no Wildwood forest, it'll be difficult to play with my spite revenants... :(

Maybe i'll try to play with them with an 2000 pt army list.

I'll change my army list then.

So for 1500 pt i think: Household/Gnarlroot:

40 dryad (480 pt)

5 Tree revenants (100 pt)

1 Tree lord ancien (300 pt)

1 Branchwych (100 pt)

6 Kurnoth with bow (360 pt)

Household (20 pt)

Gnarlroot (80 pt)

TOTAL: 1440 pt

11 hours ago, Henlkhyn said:

Ok :)

Thanks for the reply. Indeed with an 1500 army list without drycha and still no Wildwood forest, it'll be difficult to play with my spite revenants... :(

Maybe i'll try to play with them with an 2000 pt army list.

I'll change my army list then.

So for 1500 pt i think: Household/Gnarlroot:

40 dryad (480 pt)

5 Tree revenants (100 pt)

1 Tree lord ancien (300 pt)

1 Branchwych (100 pt)

6 Kurnoth with bow (360 pt)

Household (20 pt)

Gnarlroot (80 pt)

TOTAL: 1440 pt

A strong list for sure! But you need wildwoods. Most of the Sylvaneth seems to have been designed with the expectation of them being in play. Even if you cut out cardboard and glue felt on it, you should have a rough proxy!  They don't cost you anything as a sylvaneth player. 

Archived