Is this KBB/StD list a good all-comers list?

Broken Netcode

Leaders
Bloodsecrator (120)
Lord Of Khorne On Juggernaut (140)
- General
- Trait: Lord of War
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Wulfrik The Wanderer (80)

Units
Skull Cannons x 1 (180)
Skull Cannons x 1 (180)
Skull Cannons x 1 (180)
Chaos Marauders x 40 (240)
Chaos Warriors x 10 (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
Chaos Warriors x 10 (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
Chaos Chosen x 10 (320)
Chaos Warshrine x 1 (200)

Total: 2000/2000

Was thinking of synergies and created this. Skull cannons for shooting everything after seeing how well 3 do together, Marauder bomb for the flank charge on gunline armies, Warriors as a sort of chaff/ meatshield since theyre great for defensive purposes (would have liked blood warriors but alas no models :( ) and chosen as a main army sweeper with the warshrine buffing them and providing more of a defensive addition to the army. Khorne lord for the chosen to be dealing mortal wounds on a 33.34% rather than 16.67% and to make sure the warriors dont run away incase theyre smacked by powerful units. Everything, apart from Wulfic the demolitions expert, has khorne keywords.

So what are your opinions? What changes would you make to make the list even more 'all-comers'?

5 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

My initial thought is that you've not got much for dealing with enemy behemoths, I'd be tempted to drop one of the Skull Cannons for some Wrath Mongers which would also act to buff up a couple of other units as they go down the field.

Ive mainly been using the chosen for that. Will pick up a box of them reluctantly (I really, REALLY hate how they look) as they are really powerful in any chaos army to try them out. What should I aim the chosen at after the wrathmongers go to work on behemoths?

In fairness I've not used Chosen before although I know they pack a bit of a punch.  At 2000 you could potentially be facing up to 4 behemoths, so probably a "target rich environment" for both those units.  Wrathmongers are best thrown at whatever will chuck out the most amount of damage, you actually want them to die!

What aren't you a fan of about the models out of curiosity?  I've seen a few conversions over time where people have used the flails on Blood Warriors for a nice alternative.

2 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

What aren't you a fan of about the models out of curiosity?  I've seen a few conversions over time where people have used the flails on Blood Warriors for a nice alternative.

Its more of a fact that they look like they just came out of the gym where leg day is banned and they took all their armour off just to present their godly upper to appease slaanesh. If they were full plate I would love them!

1 minute ago, Broken Netcode said:

Its more of a fact that they look like they just came out of the gym where leg day is banned and they took all their armour off just to present their godly upper to appease slaanesh. If they were full plate I would love them!

Can't actually disagree with that!  It's one of the reasons I don't field any reavers or marauders in my army - most of the mortals have a helm of some kind too (the odd characters being the exception).

12 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Can't actually disagree with that!  It's one of the reasons I don't field any reavers or marauders in my army - most of the mortals have a helm of some kind too (the odd characters being the exception).

I tend to find it okay with marauders or reavers. In my mind theyre meant to be like the imperial guard and how theyre dispendable so armour is not given to them. The one thing I dont like with reavers is the complete removal of all viking hairstyles like the marauders have which totally kills the whole 'Im a viking therefore better than you' look.

Archived