Witch Aelf list.

Olincay

Hey everyone, awhile ago I heard on a podcast *cant remember which one* about a pretty solid list that involved witch aelves, a cauldron of blood and possibly executioners *I think*

If someone could enlighten me on the units, unit size and how the synergy works that would be greatttt.
Cheers in advance.

The CoB is a buff wagon for Daughters of Khaine units but goes extra good for witches. The main use is the blood shield which give a 6+ ward save to any DoK unit within 9" but for witches it is a 5+ ward.

The if you put. All the CoB buffs onto a single unit of witches, you can make them pile in and attack twice in combat, immune to break tests, reroll wounds of 1 and +1 to wound.  Just being within 14" gives the witches +1 attack (so up to 3 attacks each).

The witches themselves can reroll hits of 1 but if there are more than 20 models in the unit, they re roll all hits.

So, a 20+ strong unit of witches buffed by a CoB have 61 attacks (extra for unit champ) hitting on rerollable 3s, wounding on 3s rerolling ones. No rend but you should get something like 50 wounds that need saving. 

Executioners are just brutal but they're really expensive. They're in Darkling covens faction so they don't benefit from the CoB bloodshield but their ability is pretty simple. 2 attacks each and each 6 rolled to hit is two mortal wounds. Cast a spell on them that gives +1 to hit or secrisifce in damned terrain for the same effect, and you are casuing two mortals on each 5+.  The main issue is that they are really expensive.

If you are fielding both witches and executioners, then you'll need some core units as Witches are only core in a DoK army and the exes break that allegiance. Staying with Dark Aelves (although you can choose from any order faction), your options are darkshards, dreadspears or bleakswords. I prefer the former to give some ranged attacks.

jimbo

It was my List, I have used it at several events this year, its

Leaders
Cauldron Of Blood (220) – Behemoth
Death Hag (60)
Sorceress (80)

Units
Witch Aelves x 20 (280)
Witch Aelves x 20 (280)
Witch Aelves x 20 (280)
Darkshards x 10 (100) - Battleline
Executioners x 10 (200)

Batallions
Exiled Blood Cult (80)

Total: 2000/2000

Leaders:4

Behemoths:2

If required to be listed

Traits: Reckless

Artefacts: Phoenix Gem on both Cauldrons

Its solid,  kicks out a ton of mortal wounds, but lacks any range.  If you fighty a shooty list you will get blasted off, but will fight up there with teh best of them.

3 hours ago, Paul Buckler said:

It was my List, I have used it at several events this year, its

Leaders
Death Hag (60)
Sorceress (80)

Units
Witch Aelves x 20 (280)
Witch Aelves x 20 (280)
Witch Aelves x 20 (280)
Executioners x 10 (200)

Batallions
Exiled Blood Cult (80)

Total: 2000/2000

Leaders:4

Behemoths:2

If required to be listed

Traits: Reckless

Artefacts: Phoenix Gem on both Cauldrons

Its solid,  kicks out a ton of mortal wounds, but lacks any range.  If you fighty a shooty list you will get blasted off, but will fight up there with teh best of them.

Thank you so much, exactly what I was looking for. ?

• 4 months later...

Would it be worth it to find room for Doomfire Warlocks? They benefit from the Cauldron, they are fast, and a unit of 5 up will cast D6 mortal wounds. Great for going after monsters and warmachines.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Archived