Bruiser Standard bearer and frostlord

Crispen

Question

Hi guys,

With the bruiser BSB when he plants his standard does that effect any mounts the ogors are riding? I mean they technically have the ogor keyword on their scroll and are treated as one unit.

Here is the ability I'm referring to:

" Banner of the Great Maw: In your hero phase, a Bruiser can plant the Banner of the Great Maw in the ground with a mighty bellow. If he does so, he may not move until your next hero phase, but until then all Ogor units from your army within 18" of him are imbued with the hunger of the Great Maw. In the combat phase, wound rolls of 6 or more for these units inflict a mortal wound in addition to any other damage, as your warriors bite big chunks out of the foe."

Thanks for the feedback in advance.

Crispy

7 answers to this question

definitely a good find. And yes, another example is that khemrian warsphynx ridden by skeleton warriors has deathrattle keyword, royal warsphinx ridden by tomb king has mummy keyword instead. The whole unit gets the keyword. 

odd exceptions are war machines that have separate warscroll for the crew. And then there are some artifacts that say that they affect riders but not mounts specifically. 

Interestingly enough, if you take the Eurlbad Battalion for beastclaw, they get the same effect and costs 60 instead of 140, and has no range limit, but costs min 1200pts in models. Your way you can get the effect with only a couple models at a lower cost, with some risk of losing the ability mid-game.

Will try it out myself.

1 hour ago, StoneMonk said:

definitely a good find. And yes, another example is that khemrian warsphynx ridden by skeleton warriors has deathrattle keyword, royal warsphinx ridden by tomb king has mummy keyword instead. The whole unit gets the keyword. 

odd exceptions are war machines that have separate warscroll for the crew. And then there are some artifacts that say that they affect riders but not mounts specifically. 

Interestingly enough, if you take the Eurlbad Battalion for beastclaw, they get the same effect and costs 60 instead of 140, and has no range limit, but costs min 1200pts in models. Your way you can get the effect with only a couple models at a lower cost, with some risk of losing the ability mid-game.

Will try it out myself.

I'll be giving it a whirl this weekend at a small one day tournament.

I'll post how it goes! In my testing you're dishing out a quite a bit of mortal wounds, can't wait to do it with the frostlord's kicks haha

The idea of a Beastclaw player actually using Mournfang... don't make me laugh. Next you'll tell me you spotted one who is a roller for artefacts - instead of a battlebrew addict. 

On 11/18/2016 at 6:17 PM, StoneMonk said:

Also, this is most effective with the stonehorns stomps and kicks because of the potential amount of attacks.

Hey dude,

So just got back from the mini tournament. The combo is pretty strong! Not essential though and most times I found the stonehorn moved too fast for the little standard bearer to keep up. I generally just bellowed at him and drank the battle brew and went a killing.

Archived