Silver Tower painting log

richstrach

I'm a bit late to the party, but I finally got a copy of Silver Tower and thought I would add my own painting log to the many excellent ones already out there! The first figure I've completed is the Darkoath Chieftan - easily one of the best sculpts GW have ever made, in my opinion. I haven't done the base yet, because I'm still not quite sure how to proceed, and just after I took the picture I realised that I'd forgotten to paint the gems on his scabbard and ring! I'll get to those shortly, but for now I'm quite pleased with the result and looking forward to painting the rest.

IMG_20161030_114405-2.jpg

That's the last three heroes from the Silver Tower complete. I really enjoyed painting the Mistweaver, and relied heavily on The War Gamer's YouTube tutorial for it because it's quite an intimidating figure. The Knight Questor, like all Stormcast, was very straightforward, and the Doomseeker was a bit of a pain purely because I mainly play Fyreslayers in AoS and I'm just sick of painting them now! Next up will be the Grot Scuttlings ... 

IMG_20161109_115751~4.jpg

IMG_20161109_115809~4.jpg

IMG_20161109_115829~4.jpg

1 hour ago, Darth Alec said:

That's a nice cloak on the priest. Looking good so far! Do you have plans for basing them?

Thanks! I think I'm going to go with the simple blue sand approach for the bases, which I've seen some people on TGA using. It looks good, and not too distinctive so I can still use them in AoS without them jarring too much with my other armies.

Archived