New Destruction Blend

Turragor

So I collect Sigmaster Forevers but am really tempted to make a new destruction mix army.

Now, over time I anticipate it to grow to quite some size but to begin with I want to keep it compact in terms of model count and expense.

So the beastclaw raiders catch my eye and, thematically and on the table, I was wondering what I could make work with them for a bit of variety.

Any tips?

For some variety and a lot of coolness have a look at Braggoth's Beasthammer.

Edit:

For example:

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (460)
Icebrow Hunter (160)

Units
Mournfang Pack x 2 (200)
Mournfang Pack x 2 (200)
Frost Sabres x 4 (120)
Orruk Gore Gruntas x 3 (180)
Orruk Gore Gruntas x 3 (180)

Behemoths
Thundertusk Beastriders (320)

War Machines

Batallions
Braggoth's Beast Hammer (160)

Total: 1980/2000

That is pretty cool. Gruntas are ace.

The total price means it'd be a slow burner which suits my paint style.

Time to think of a colour scheme and theme that would suit a bunch of different destruction units.

I think if I can hit upon 1 skin colour, 1 armour colour and 1 fur colour that look great in combination I'm set for 90% of the surface area of these models.

That formation allows you to take some gore gruntas within beastclaw allegiance and gore gruntas are cool. But if you are going for a mixed destruction army I guess you have to at some point paint up some bonesplitters (since they are destruction battleline) so another argument would be to start there to have it done. But this formation is way cooler in my opinion. ☺ (But maybe not the most competitive.... or maybe it is I havent seen anyone tried it and write about it. )

Archived