Furniture? Dungeon Dressing?

Mr. White

Looking all over this weekend, I couldn't find anything that I thought would be suitable for the Silver Tower theme. Tons of traditional fantasy dungeon dressing, but nothing on the more bright, colorful side of things.

Anyone have any ideas on how to pimp out the Silver Tower so it's a little more like Heroquest or Dungeon Saga?

I made my own furniture-like stuff out of my bits box. It seemed they all needed to be more exotic, so I looked at all the impassible squares on tiles and tried to make suitable blocking terrain that fit the square. I had a lot of square bases, so for things like torches, statue bases, and urns I stacked a few of smaller sizes up to make a stone base. I had some old funky knights so I glued them on top and painted them silver or gold to make statues. I found a few tiny trophies and other knickknacks at a craft store and put those on other stepped bases. I made a few stalagmites by sawing up a cork and shaving the circles, then stacking them. Also, LOTR statues work well if you have some laying around. I got a few cheapo large gems for a couple rooms, and used an old warhammer throne for a key room. For the portals between rooms I wanted something weird, so I used old rectangular cavalry bases and glued a round flyer base on edge to make a see-thru portal, and flocked the base with sand for extra stability. Painted up to suit the garish tiles, they all fit right in.

4 hours ago, MacDuff said:

I made my own furniture-like stuff out of my bits box. It seemed they all needed to be more exotic, so I looked at all the impassible squares on tiles and tried to make suitable blocking terrain that fit the square. I had a lot of square bases, so for things like torches, statue bases, and urns I stacked a few of smaller sizes up to make a stone base. I had some old funky knights so I glued them on top and painted them silver or gold to make statues. I found a few tiny trophies and other knickknacks at a craft store and put those on other stepped bases. I made a few stalagmites by sawing up a cork and shaving the circles, then stacking them. Also, LOTR statues work well if you have some laying around. I got a few cheapo large gems for a couple rooms, and used an old warhammer throne for a key room. For the portals between rooms I wanted something weird, so I used old rectangular cavalry bases and glued a round flyer base on edge to make a see-thru portal, and flocked the base with sand for extra stability. Painted up to suit the garish tiles, they all fit right in.

Sounds fantastic! Any pictures?

I have come across some portals from the Shadows of Brimstone game that look like they would work.

167911.jpg

pic3030771_md.jpg

Archived