Abattoir formation query

L.Bromley

Hey guys

I have a question about the body part acquisition special rule from the abattoir formation that I need some help with, 

e.g. My unit of 3 horrors goes into a nine man 25mm base unit three on each, now I have been playing it that each enemy model potential can take a SINGLE mortal wound if I'm lucky enough to roll a six, but my opponent tells me I'm playing it wrong and that the same enemy model could take multiple mortal wounds if they are within 3" of my horrors, I know this is not the best description but any clarity would be fantastic.

many thanks

You've been playing it corretly IMO. I don't have the battalions rules in front of me, but as I recall it states that you roll a dice for each model within 3" of any Abattoir model. "Any" indicates that the number of Abattoir models doesn't matter as long as it is at least one.

@L.Bromley It still does, just in another way. You can't use it to gang up on a unit with mortal wounds, but this way it is even better when you spread the units out. One single ghoul in a conga line touching a bunched up unit can result in 10+ dice rolls while the rest of his unit is busy elsewhere. It gives you a real incentive to spread your abattoir units out as much as possible.

Archived