Spearhead discussion

4 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

As they are still shrink wrapped, I'd say it's old stock or stock they had available. GW are making a move to be greener (not as an Orruk), so that means less plastic wrapping and bags.

My theory is that those that are still listed as Vanguards are getting replaced first so there's no point changing the packaging when there will be new ones out within a year.

3 hours ago, novakai said:

Yeah but I think the old skaven one is also not being sold anymore.

You can get a Warp Lightning Cannon and Stormfiends for cheaper than a Vanguard/Spearhead box and the rest of the Spearhead is 20 Clan Rats and a Grey Seer so it's not too difficult to just use those components from your first Spearhead and buy the remaining two units (unless you're desperate to play Skaven vs Skaven).

Heck, if you're getting the Skaventide box then that comes with 40 clan rats so you'd have enough for both that way too.

2 hours ago, EonChao said:

You can get a Warp Lightning Cannon and Stormfiends for cheaper than a Vanguard/Spearhead box and the rest of the Spearhead is 20 Clan Rats and a Grey Seer so it's not too difficult to just use those components from your first Spearhead and buy the remaining two units (unless you're desperate to play Skaven vs Skaven).

Heck, if you're getting the Skaventide box then that comes with 40 clan rats so you'd have enough for both that way too.

Sure but both boxes are being discontinued regardless but Skaven one still get rules in Spearhead is the point I was making.

• Like 1

Man I really feel like this has potential

I’m hopi g each codex release gets a new spearhead, and things like army’s of renown could be changed into spearheads of renown later in 4th when new campeign books drop

21 minutes ago, Glutos said:

Man I really feel like this has potential

I’m hopi g each codex release gets a new spearhead, and things like army’s of renown could be changed into spearheads of renown later in 4th when new campeign books drop

If they follow the 10th edition pattern each BT should have 1 or 2 new spearheads.

• 2 weeks later...