Poll: Balance vs Gameplay

What do u think is most important?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Balance
    • Gameplay

21 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

One thing that I am concerned about with 4th rules previews is the 3" melee rules. Does this ultimately mean that all weapon types are so homoginized that I'm suppose to accept a spear and a dagger are the same martial tools of war? This for me is overall simplified rules at the cost of immersion. 

See, I find that sort of rule simplification perfectly fine, in most cases. Let the unit's stats tell the story. 

My favourite unit is my Symbaresh Twinsouls. Individual models are armed with all sorts of gear, including a damn whip! I've had fun customising them, with the knowledge that "Merciless Blades" will cover all. 

Also, not having specific weapons on the Warscroll will let me use a variety of different hero models (of which I have a plethora) without having to resort to 'counts as'. 

• Like 2

Customize to your hearts content! Its a fantastic aspect of this hobby. 

I just don't want to see such a watered down version of rules that it's just melee weapons and ranged weapons. It's just not a game I want to play. I enjoy making tactical decisions in my games. I enjoy using different tools to solve different problems and making decisions on what tools to bring. 

This is why I'm a fan of the newest ardboyz scroll. Hand weapons give +1 attack on charge, spears give +1 rend if charged. It's simplified down enough that you can model damn near however you want and still gives immersion and tactical depth by effectively changing a units battlefield role. 

It's not something I want to spend hours min maxing over but I don't want a game where effectively nothing really matters either. 

• Like 1