New guy on scene needs Advice - Chaos

Bandis2302

Hey I've just been introduced to warhammer aos by a friend and need some advice as I feel like I'm trying to go through a maze blind. I decided to go for Chaos (undivided) as they seem to have the coolest models. So far all I have is 16 Chaos Warriors (8 dual weapon + 8 swordo and shield) and 3 stormfiends as I wanted something with a bit of range but now I'm at a complete loss what direction to go. Cavalry? Swarm unit? Artillery? Please advise thanks.

20161005_022128.jpg

20161005_022144.jpg

20160914_144350.jpg

20161005_022153.jpg

Welcome to the hobby! If you head over to the chaos section of the forum youll probably get more responses for future posts :). The best thing is you can pretty much go with whatever looks cool if your going undivided. The Slaves to darkness start collecting would be a good start as it gives you a wizard, some cavalry, a chariot and some more warriors to bulk out your army. With the stuff you already have you would be up to around 1500 points (if your using points). If you want to go for a mix any of the start collecting boxes are really good along with the chaos half of a starter box if you can find someone to split it with or you want to have a small stormcast army too :). If you can find the old 8th edition starter set, Island of Blood, you can get a good amount of skaven to bulk out the force as well. The bottom line is have fun and paint whatever looks cool at this point, since your gonna have to enjoy painting it. Nice models by the way :)

Archived