Stormcast Eternals - Tournament List

Tenebris

Greetings

On October 23rd I have an upcoming 1600 points tournament. Here is the list I plan to bring:

Skyborne Slayers:

- Lord-Celestant

- 5 Liberators Hammer/Shield

- 5 Liberators Hammer/Shield

- 5 Judicators with bows

- 5 Judicators with crossbows

- 5 Decimators

- 5 Protectors (1x Mace)

- 5 Retributors

- Knight-Vexillor

Ratio:

The only element that begins on board are the Retributors and the Knight-Vexillor. Between them and the Lord-Celestant with Reckless and the -1 Rend I can have a solid alpha strike. The list is an all-comers and it should hold its own against most armies as long as I play for the objective and don't expect to grind my foes in a war of attrition. 

Tactics:

Identify the major threat. Send in the Retributors, support them with the Skyborne Slayers. Cap the objectives with Judicators. The objectives on my side of the board go to the bow Judicators, whilst those in midfield go to the crossbow Judicators. The Liberators and Protectors are my anvil. Now most of my adversaries will have some sort of block which is where my Decimators go. The Lord-Celestant is my loci since he allows rerolls for the charge which means he is the one which I place first and place my melee units around him for the bonus. My Retributors have one job only, kill the biggest baddest and nastiest thing on the board. I think they qualify for the job. My Knight-Vexillor will happily sit on an objective and wave his banner throughout the game, his job is to use the ability and this is this. 

Hopefully this list will have a chance against most of my adversaries. 

Problems:

Grind. So far I have fielded the Thunderstrike formation and while it is viable I have found that it is threatened by unbreakable blocks of cheap infantry. Death lists, Bretonnian Peasant lists and Orruks can be a pain in my shiny sigmarite rear. Any advice on the matter?

Please rate the list, tell me how I can improve it and please share your experience with similar lists. 

Thanks

I really like it, you've given a lot of thought to balance your army with power and and good strategic defence. 

I myself use the skyborne formation religiously and always find the 5 man paladin teams dwindle from around turn 3-4 onwards. I'm worried for your cost of vex and 5 rets, placing your eggs in that basket. 

I can see it working, retributors offering good support or relief to a certain combat that you need swinging in your favour. 

But, at 1600 points what else could you use I suppose? I, personally would put in 2 fulminators, 3 prosecutors with hammers and 3 prosecutors with javelins. That's 420 points.  Fulminators offer some dirty shooting and some good damage and there's nothing better than a good shooting phase, your prosecutors beefing that up synergises with celestant cloak attacks, judciators shooting etc.

end of the day I say that's a decent list for 1600 and I can see it working for sure, I just worry about the rets and vex investment.

Archived