Allegiance Abilities Brainstorm

Braggoth

Hi all. With the rumors of an incoming allegiance rules pack overhaul for all the factions without a proper battletome, I find it hard to sit and wait. So I wanted to ask you guys if you have any thoughts on what should the remaining factions of Destruction have as allegiance command traits, spells, artifacts, and any extra bonuses.

To start off, I can see the Spiderfang Grots have their Wallcrawler, or poison damage on a 6 to hit being removed from their warscrolls and put as allegiance ability (like the warpaint of Savage Orruks).

Please feel free to share any ideas you might have ^^

Cheers.

Khorne Bloodbound models get a chance to inflict a wound (not mortal like gorefists) on a 5+/-1 rend for each model that dies in the combat phase. Seems to fit with the theme they have now  in that, even if you beat them, you won't get out without some scars. Maybe the rend would be OP?

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 5:39 PM, Fastbear said:

3d charges for ironjawz :D "slow until they can see the battle" also buffing gore gruntas making their charge ability relevant.

Sounds good and fluffy, but is it really different from having an extra D6 movement in the hero phase for being Destruction? Haha

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 6:27 PM, ADDriot said:

Khorne Bloodbound models get a chance to inflict a wound (not mortal like gorefists) on a 5+/-1 rend for each model that dies in the combat phase. Seems to fit with the theme they have now  in that, even if you beat them, you won't get out without some scars. Maybe the rend would be OP?

That would be cool, but maybe that'd make the Bloodreavers a bit too OP? Seeing they die like flies. But I do like the concept.

An idea for goblins (Gitmob or Moonclan) is that they could setup 6" beyond the deployment zone. I don't how much this could affect the game, but fluff wise it would look they are trying to cheat from the very start of the game, very sneaky of them ;)

I think Ironjaw alliance needs to be them more being the hardest fellas these pink skins hav' evar seen. Either a army wide +1 to battleline unit saves for the first 2 turns (basically making Ironjaws space marines. So probably not.) or give them a perk based on generating wounds. For every kill a Ironjaw unit scores, roll a D6 and on a 5/6 recover a wound. Would make sense, though it would make mawcrushers stupidly tanky.

I'm not a huge fan of how much I have to roll in the heroic phase, so just a static boost to movement or even add a static number to all charges; 6 might be too large, but some kind of static boost that will make charging much more reliable for Ironjaws at greater range (which seems to suit their elementry cunning they exhibit. They are very good at catching people off guard.) and would make irontusk formations much more effective at long range charges. Alternatively a boost to bravery would be a interesting, if rather dull alternative.

I was thinking d3 charge and other stuff just to make ironjawz a viable and competitive choice get them some strong allegiance abilities to make it worth running pure ironjawz as it's currently not. I really enjoy the current destruction abilities and something similar wouldn't be bad. They are still missing some rules love. They can't win tournaments on great models alone :)

Actually, one  cool way of showing their unpredictability is to allow them to deploy up to half of their army in reserve which can be deployed from any table edge, provided that it is beyond 12 inches from an objective or unit. Forcing them to spread out to defend from sharp flank attacks.

Ironjawz to me suggests martial brutality, so a rule that improves their combat effectiveness on the charge would make the most sense, like re-roll to Hit or to Wound after a charge, or after a charge with a dice roll over 8"

Gutbusters ability  The Feast battleline Units  can heal 1 wound after a combat were they killed a model

spell tyrants hunger cast on 8 range 24 if successfully cast unit may charge or pile in if already in combat at the end of the hero phase and attack. Heal d3 wounds if a model was killed

item. The Tenderizer add d3 mortal wound after all attacks were made if 1 wound was caused 

Archived