Rouge Idol of Mork

Frozenorc

I'll admit, I've never seen someone painting it in red, but now I think about it, it could be quite a cool model if you used Arizona badland rocks as an inspiration.

Assuming you mean the Rogue Idol of Gork, then generally all this needs is a bit of space around it and let it run towards any enemy unit that doesn't dish out mortal wounds

I freaking love this thing. Wipes out units with ease - had it take out 9 Saurus cav no problem, and the last one fled (that's right, it made SERAPHON battleshock). Went toe to toe with Alarielle and probably would have taken her down by itself but a Stonehorn swooped in for the kill.

There is one huge drawback - it is extremely unreliable, in its random movement, random attacks and random damage. As well, the fact that it has to charge and can't retreat means that once it's in combat, your opponent can keep it there for the entirety of the game and it can be wasted on fodder.

Still, nothing like clearing out entire units in one round.

5 hours ago, Nico said:

Thanks Nico I enjoyed your battle report and I was thinking of building a 2k list with moon grots.

2 hours ago, Furious said:

I freaking love this thing. Wipes out units with ease - had it take out 9 Saurus cav no problem, and the last one fled (that's right, it made SERAPHON battleshock). Went toe to toe with Alarielle and probably would have taken her down by itself but a Stonehorn swooped in for the kill.

There is one huge drawback - it is extremely unreliable, in its random movement, random attacks and random damage. As well, the fact that it has to charge and can't retreat means that once it's in combat, your opponent can keep it there for the entirety of the game and it can be wasted on fodder.

Still, nothing like clearing out entire units in one round.

Furious that is awesome and yea I have been playing orcs and goblins for a long time so I don't mind the randomness, was curious what units did you use him with?

thanks again for the input guys  this gives me some ideas on how to use it.

20 minutes ago, Frozenorc said:

Furious that is awesome and yea I have been playing orcs and goblins for a long time so I don't mind the randomness, was curious what units did you use him with?

thanks again for the input guys  this gives me some ideas on how to use it.

So far I've only run it in four+ player games, at 1000 points. I believe the list (same in all games) was:

Orruk Warboss (Boss Shield, command trait with the extra wound and the mortal wound save artifact)

Orruk Great Shaman

10x Orruks (with bows)

5x Boar Boyz (with Choppas)

Rogue Idol of Gork/Mork

A simple list, and the Rogue Idol easily takes up half of it. But It distracts while the arrow boys and boar boys take the objectives. Won me two out of three, and usually takes out more points than its worth - depending what you put it up against. Keep it away from high rend and mortal wounds. It doesn't deteriorate as quickly as other monsters, but once your opponent sees that it indeed can be killed, they'll likely take it out pretty quickly after that.

2 hours ago, Furious said:

So far I've only run it in four+ player games, at 1000 points. I believe the list (same in all games) was:

Orruk Warboss (Boss Shield, command trait with the extra wound and the mortal wound save artifact)

Orruk Great Shaman

10x Orruks (with bows)

5x Boar Boyz (with Choppas)

Rogue Idol of Gork/Mork

A simple list, and the Rogue Idol easily takes up half of it. But It distracts while the arrow boys and boar boys take the objectives. Won me two out of three, and usually takes out more points than its worth - depending what you put it up against. Keep it away from high rend and mortal wounds. It doesn't deteriorate as quickly as other monsters, but once your opponent sees that it indeed can be killed, they'll likely take it out pretty quickly after that.

That is an interesting list I was going to fit him it at 2k but now you have me thinking about it at 1k.

Archived