Your thoughts on Path to Glory (from General's Handbook)

wayniac

Anyone tried the Path to Glory warband rules from General's Handbook? They seem pretty cool, but I have some reservations about the overall balance of it with being able to take like heroes on big monsters and then being able to just pick (since rolling is optional) a group of the most powerful units available on the charts.  I get the intent is to mimic the old Chaos Warband stuff from Slaves to Darkness/Lost and the Damned, but how does it hold up in the day and age of "balance"?

Seems like a fun little way to play the game, although I can already hear the cries of "but there's no points!" from my local crowd if I were to dare pitch the idea to them.

Anyone have any thoughts on it or try it out in practice?  Is it one of those things that require a more mature group of friends to agree not to abuse it?

we are playing it right now at our local store. It's a fun way to get people together every week and have fun. Just play it to have fun and don't read into it too much and it should be fun. I believe it's all about being able to lose a battle without getting upset or beaten down playing Age of Sigmar. :)

Have fun!

Archived