its 2023 where to start?

Juicy

Hi all,

Me and my girlfriend want to start playing warhammer underworlds together. 

Ive got a domitans stormcoven models+deck and she wants to play Lady Harrows Mournflight

But where to go from there? we can both get the deckboxes and play with the models we like. But we still need basic deck cards, a board etc. We do not really care for extra deck/warbands for now but its always nice to have them.

60010799020_WHUStarterSet2.jpg

Is this still the best choise for us? 

or is this also a good option?

01010799018_FreWHUGnarlwoodLead.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/17/2023 at 8:02 AM, Juicy said:

Hi all,

Me and my girlfriend want to start playing warhammer underworlds together. 

Ive got a domitans stormcoven models+deck and she wants to play Lady Harrows Mournflight

But where to go from there? we can both get the deckboxes and play with the models we like. But we still need basic deck cards, a board etc. We do not really care for extra deck/warbands for now but its always nice to have them.

60010799020_WHUStarterSet2.jpg

Is this still the best choise for us? 

or is this also a good option?

01010799018_FreWHUGnarlwoodLead.jpg

Dont know if this is still the case for this one but the first starterset didnt have any magic dice.

This is just my personal opinion but i would pick the newest non-starter set (wyrdhollow at the moment). It has the most current rules and newest minis look gorgeous imho.

• Like 2

I didn't realise the starter set didn't have magic dice. That is weird. It's not too much of a setback though because you can just use regular D6 (or one of the existing combat dice) as long as you agree which symbol means which. Honestly, if you're good with competitive boardgames already and you don't mind a bit of mental load, go with the Wydhollow set like Gitzdee suggested. There is a new starter set with Sequitors coming out soon though. If you've not played a lot of these kind of games before, then this might be a better option. The game doesn't feel too complex once you know how to play, but I find it has a steep learning curve. It is a fantastic game though so I hope it works out for you.