Bigtoofs Bonesplitterz - Starter Army Blog

Bigtoof

Good afternoon,

Been a little while since my introductory post in the 'New Member' area, unfortunately I suffered greatly at the hands of papa nurgle over the festive period and got very little done in terms of anything!

That said, I have put together a little 1000 point list that I think is pretty savage (excuse the pun) for Bonesplitterz. I know that we've got big change coming in terms of the new generals handbook which I've got on pre-order. And, I'm not really sure on the meta these days - when I last played I was using square bases and Dark Elves. 😁

I have bought everything I need for this list already, haven't built any of it yet though (looking forward to those mold lines) that said I did get the underworlds warband though so I can use the plastic Wurrgog and Savage Big Boss - I really don't like Finecast models.

Any advice, constructive or otherwise is always welcome - this sub forum could do with a little discussion and life injecting into it!

Army Faction: Orruk Warclans
- Army Type: Bonesplitterz
- Army Subfaction: Drakkfoot
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: Bloodthirsty

LEADER

1 x Savage Big Boss (65)
- General
- Command Traits: Great Hunter

1 x Wurrgog Prophet (170)
- Artefacts: Glowin’ Tattooz
- Spells: Power of the Were-boar

BATTLELINE

10 x Savage Orruk Morboys (155)
- Bone Totem Bearer
- Skull Thumper
- Savage Morboy Boss

- Bone Totem Bearer
- Skull Thumper
- Savage Morboy Boss

- Bone Totem Bearer
- Skull Thumper
- Savage Morboy Boss

OTHER

2 x Savage Big Stabbas (100)

TOTAL POINTS: (1000/1000)

5 hours ago, Tomplex said:

Yes! I have no advice other than it looks like you know what you're doing and have a good start, but I did want to pop in with some appreciation. I love army blogs and I'm looking forward to seeing your project grow!

Haha, I appreciate the sentiment but I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing!

I mean there’s not a great deal of variety in the Bonesplitterz sub faction limiting potential pitfalls.

I really enjoy a good blog as well, hoping it will keep me motivated, been thinking about getting back into Warhammer for sometime and I need to pull my finger out and get this starter list built and start playing again.

Well it appears my list will be too expensive following latest GHB wave of points increases.

+15pts to the Big Boss

+5pts to each of the Morboys

30pts over… with no real way to shave, scuppered before I even started.

Edited by Bigtoof
Spelling

How many boxes of savage orruks did u get? My guess is 3 based on the big stabbas. Just want to know what options u got. 

If u just want to get started u could drop the Prophet and the Big Boss and play Hedkrakkas madmob instead. Lets u basicly play the same list. If u insist on playing the Prophet because u want to kill stuff with lasers (i totally understand) than i think i would just drop the Big Boss.

Edit: I also build my savages as morboyz before AoS existed. If i could i would have build em as normal ones with shields. Makes em battleline in more builds and even battleline in Big Waaagh!. I also think footslogging isnt where the strenght of bonesplitters is at the moment. Havent played much this edition with the Greenskinz but from what i understand we want to score with pregame movement and high mobility boars before our opponent does and try to hold that lead. I am not a meta gamer by any means and always tell people to play the models they like because rules always keep changing (as u already found out). Just sharing my thoughts.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

Thanks for the advice, I’ve actually gone and rejigged the list. It’s not meta that’s not what I’m aiming for, but I don’t want to be a push over.

I’ve lost a big stabba but I can handle that, I’ve got something just as orky now. Idea being that with the pre-game move, deployment range of Ravenaks Gnashing Jaws I could potentially get it off first turn and launch it into the enemy’s deployment for fun.

Army Faction: Orruk Warclans
    - Army Type: Bonesplitterz
    - Army Subfaction: Drakkfoot
    - Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
    - Triumphs: Bloodthirsty

LEADER

1 x Savage Big Boss (80)*
    - General
    - Command Traits: Great Hunter

1 x Wurrgog Prophet (170)*
    - Artefacts: Glowin’ Tattooz
    - Spells: Power of the Were-boar