Re-release of Archaon

Dojotoad

I would love to do a duel diorama of Archaon vs. the Green Knight.  But I don't feel the need to buy Archaon on the horse if the Green Knight isn't coming as a re-release also.  Anyway we can find that out?  Or is it roll the dice, buy Archaon and hope the Green Knight comes out also?  Realize I can buy the Green Knight on the secondary market, but would likely pay much more than a re-release...

Thank you.

So unless you happen to live in Nottingham and rub shoulders with some GW staffer who drops you some big leaks that are authentic - there is no way to tell if the Green Knight will or won't get a made to order reprint in the future. GW keeps most of hteir stuff so its possible, but its impossible to know. The best way would be to buy one secondhand, that said do check out facebook trading groups as well ; a good portion of 3rd party trading has shifted from just ebay to also using facebook. 

14 hours ago, Overread said:

So unless you happen to live in Nottingham and rub shoulders with some GW staffer who drops you some big leaks that are authentic - there is no way to tell if the Green Knight will or won't get a made to order reprint in the future. GW keeps most of hteir stuff so its possible, but its impossible to know. The best way would be to buy one secondhand, that said do check out facebook trading groups as well ; a good portion of 3rd party trading has shifted from just ebay to also using facebook. 

LOL, guess that was kind of a stupid question.  I still have 6 days to figure out if I want to spend $50 and hope for the best.  Worst case scenario, I go secondary...

• 1 month later...

I did end up buying the re-release Archaon - now the wait for them to actually make it and ship it.

I also found a nice Green Knight on ebay that made it across the pond and is now slowly moving from Chicago to Cleveland.

Am fleshing out the set-up for the diorama.  It is a sorcerer battle.  Using a Chaos Sorcerer Lord (AoS) to summon Archaon.  Then a Collegiate Battle Wizard (AoS) opposing him by summoning the Green Knight.  The wizards will be in elevated positions with Archaon/Green Knight clashing in a ruined arena.

Another question - any particular staff/symbol the battle wizard should use or avoid in this scenario?  Or just go for what looks best to me?