Priestly combo question

Mortus

I had a great idea but sadly I think it won't work, just need to check it though.

Using a Lord Relictor with Translocation, transport the cheapest priest possible (with curse, I think its a skink priest) they then curse a unit, finally teleport in judicators with crossbows and light up the target!

However, curse has a range of 9", if I teleport my skink priest 9" away, can I use curse?

43 minutes ago, Mortus said:

I had a great idea but sadly I think it won't work, just need to check it though.

Using a Lord Relictor with Translocation, transport the cheapest priest possible (with curse, I think its a skink priest) they then curse a unit, finally teleport in judicators with crossbows and light up the target!

However, curse has a range of 9", if I teleport my skink priest 9" away, can I use curse?

Your gut feeling is correct: no you can't.

The reason is that after translocation the priest will be "more than 9" from all enemy units". This makes it impossible to be in range for curse, since tu use it you must be within 9" of the target enemy unit.

(In addition: in your example the skink priest won't be able to use curse as allied units cannot take enhancements, but that could be solved by using a Stormcast priest)

Edited by Marcvs
  • Thanks 1