The Painting Contract - August 2022

29 minutes ago, Flippy said:

The thing is, they also look surprisingly good in white. I never second guess the scheme, but…

214F78E2-3FD7-40B0-9388-920CAA985CD0.jpeg

The white definitely looks quite good, too. I suspect it is because the bone provides a point of reference for contrast. 

I have also been working on OBR with the aim to use mainly fast techniques/contrast paint. I found that a glossy colour shift effect paint over a quick contrast base coat produces good, fast results:

31129500_20220830_1102462.jpg.28309701a31f3e44cf4859a0af595549.jpg

OBR/Mortek are really good for speed painting in general. The only part of them that takes significant time for me is the armour trim, which is kind of more fiddly than it needs to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I have also been working on OBR with the aim to use mainly fast techniques/contrast paint. I found that a glossy colour shift effect paint over a quick contrast base coat produces good, fast results:

Nice!  My relationship with colorshift paints is, well, difficult. Maybe I should try them on different bases.