Troggoth: The future

Vasshpit

Hey guys. I thought I'd get a discussion going about those big, beautiful, dumb, vomit spewing lovelies.

With subfactions I'd imagine it less likely to see these guys (gargants too) as there's not much to their faction.

Personally I'd like to see troggoth get bigger, stronger and moved into the behemoth category, not gargant sized but around Morghasts size with some new keyword that makes them available to all.  (Dog of War or something.)

Or do you think they should somehow flesh out this faction as a whole with leaders, etc? And if so how could they go about doing that 

They're just so classic and I feel they've kinda slipped through the cracks. I mean the stone models are ancient!

I've always loved the Stone Trolls design. They're up there as iconic Warhammer with slayers and squigs.

As far as the subfaction goes, this might be it for a long, long while. There are three unit types and one hero/behemoth combo (but that's from Forgeworld). They certainly don't need anymore monstrous infantry, and anything smaller wouldn't suit being a troll. A character like Throgg (the Chaos one, was that his name?) would be super cool - a slightly-more intelligent troll to lead the masses of morons into battle.

Thing is, would allowing all types of troggs to be battleline be too powerful?

So I just saw a clip from Warhammer total war with trolls in it.

I really like the look and size of them and would be more than happy with models like these.

Also I don't think that troggs as battleline would be any more op than morghast as battleline.

I think a plastic troll king/alpha would be nice.

They currently aren't any more restricted in unit choices than Fimir (in fact less so since 2 of the 3 unfinished Fimir units we've seen aren't fully sculpted yet and only 1 of their units isn't a character) I can't say I have any real predictions, but it would be an interesting idea for a faction and would fit the AOS style of multiple MTG style mini factions.

I wouldn't mind combining Fimir with Trolls actually. There is certainly an option for a more involved culture for trolls/troggoths than "dumb creatures believed to be made or warped by chaos" which is a vague summary of their old background (a background that always made me question how chaos trolls worked... they're the same.... but MORE so? Stone trolls, river trolls, normal trolls.... and emphasis trolls?)

PS: let's not forget the Nurgle trolls.

Archived