Starting a skaven army - choosing a clan - a little bit undecided..

Ferrus65

Well, I need some suggestions from expert skaven warlords.

I'm starting a new AOS army, and I was oriented on a pure Eshin army.

But the more I read about skaven (and this forum is an unending font of inspiration!) , the more I have doubts.

Because I also love the idea of a huge verminus army, and adore skryre warmachine.. even if I don't know how much skryre clan will be supported from GW in the future, with all those metal and resin models.. It would be a pity to start an army that will be in a short time out to date!

So I could even think at a mixed army, maybe Eshin themed, as someone suggested me in another topic. And I would be really tempted from a verminus army..

But what do you think are good and bad things in these three clans, and in a mixed army? And what kind of skaven army do you think is more.. competitive?

Thank you to everyone!

p.s. I have several models of the various clans, budget is the last problem at the moment..

Look at battalions supported for Skaven.

From scrollbuilder.com (uses GW Generals handbook points/allowances) 

As long as those are the battalions supported... Models will be available. Now some revising/reboxing may occur sometime in the future. But as of now, Skaven are much loved and highly competitive 

image.png

Sound advise. I played skaven in 8th and they have been my first fantasy love. I think from my experience so far in 1k and 2k matched play, they are a lot of fun. Clan skryre are insanely fun to play. Lots of moral wounds being pushed out! Warp lightning cannons are fun but will receive a lot of Attention. Roll once the lower the number the better. Then roll 6 dice each time you match that number or higher you cause a mortal wound! Stormfiends are strong but expensive. Clan rats are okish stormvermin with the correct character buffs n spells can be rather tasty. Slaves are worthless now! ! Eshin I don't bother with but Vince v came up with a solid 1000 point eshin list on mc1gamers skaven unboxing YouTube video. I love thanquol but have had really bad luck with him. Pestilence was my favorite in 8th but now I leave them alone. I think if you look at spells and abilities and combine them with certain tactics, skaven are still up there. 

20160820_120330.jpg

20160920_181916.jpg

20160814_195714.jpg

Well thank you guys! Much appreciated. I have started to follow this technique after a gw manager showed me recently. I painted the model like normal then dry brushed greens mixed greens mixed green yellow 2 green washes and dry brushed one more time. Looks pretty cool though I messed it up on some models haha.

20160820_120429.jpg

1471982877842.jpg

Archived