New Faq age of sigmar

Tizianolol

Question

Guys I have a question about new faq ( the example about akelian king and flaming weapon on core rules).

If I have a spell that give me like +3 in movement until my next hero phase( starting with mov 6) , during my opponemt hero phase he cast a spell that half movement of the unit. I have to consider as final movement :

-  3( 6÷2)

- 4,5 ( 9÷2)? Thx a lot:)

Edited by Tizianolol

2 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys I have a question about new faq ( the example about akelian king and flaming weapon on core rules).

If I have a spell that give me like +3 in movement until my next hero phase( starting with mov 6) , during my opponemt hero phase he cast a spell that half movement of the unit. I have to consider as final movement :

-  3( 6÷2)

- 4,5 ( 9÷2)? Thx a lot:)

I would say the enemy spell (would be useful to know which spell it is to check the wording) does not set the movement characteristic's value. So, you would apply both effects, first the division then the sum, for a final result of 6

• Like 1

The FAQ only applies to things that set the characteristic to a set value, not that apply modifiers. 

Modifiers still go on in the normal PEMDAS order - you do multiplication and division first, then addition or subtraction. So if you're say M6 with a +3 spell you still go down to M3 then back to M6. 

What the FAQ is saying is that if you had a spell that sets your movement characteristic to, say, M2 - not -2, just to a flat value of 2 - that'd override any bonuses that were applied earlier. So it wouldn't matter if you had a +3 movement before that, you'd still end up with M2, not a M5. 

Edited by yukishiro1
  • Like 1