New to minis interested in AoS

theTank

Hi everyone,

Found blood bowl online and looked super interesting to me, bought the second season starter set and have really been enjoying assembling my models, though have messed around with paint on a dummy space marine model and kind of intimidated by that, but we'll get there. Through following blood bowl stuff, kept seeing 40K pop up and looked into it but was turned off by the hyper grim-dark setting and overall it just felt so overwhelming. AoS popped up and it looks way more like my jam, so trying to figure out if I wanna hop in on Disciples of Tzeentch, Ossiarch Bonereapers, Kharadon Overlords, or Stormcast Eternals... Anyway, happy to be here and will be asking a ton of hobby and wargaming questions since this is all super new to me as an adult. 

• Like 2

Well, Kharadron could get you a really original blood bowl team, or blood bowl could get you really dynamic Kharadron.

Tsaangors, Lords of Change, Gaunt Summoners and Ogroid Thaumaturges are excellent monsters. Horrors are really easy to paint, and a box of blue horrors is a lot of practice material.

Stormcast has excellent gryph creatures and their final iteration even has good humanoids

And Ossiarch also exist. Kratakros is cool though.

Get the Snotling Blood Bowl team, they are really fun to paint.

Necromunda sets could sate your 40k desires, the game is awful* but most of the models are good.

*About €120 in books before you even get to paint a model, with rules between all books (which admittedly are beautiful).

3 hours ago, theTank said:

Hi everyone,

Found blood bowl online and looked super interesting to me, bought the second season starter set and have really been enjoying assembling my models, though have messed around with paint on a dummy space marine model and kind of intimidated by that, but we'll get there. Through following blood bowl stuff, kept seeing 40K pop up and looked into it but was turned off by the hyper grim-dark setting and overall it just felt so overwhelming. AoS popped up and it looks way more like my jam, so trying to figure out if I wanna hop in on Disciples of Tzeentch, Ossiarch Bonereapers, Kharadon Overlords, or Stormcast Eternals... Anyway, happy to be here and will be asking a ton of hobby and wargaming questions since this is all super new to me as an adult. 

Welcome! I hope you find the place welcoming. And enjoy sinking your teeth into some AoS, whoever you go for. It’s a lot of fun!

T