1st turn controlling objectives

WAAAGHdogg15

Question

Something came up in a game I played last night that I had never considered before.

I out deployed my opponent and gave them first turn. We both deployed on our "home" objective in the Nidus Paths, so at the end of my opponent's first turn he was holding his objective and I was still deployed on mine.

For the purpose of scoring at the end of his turn, he clearly holds one objective, but doesn't hold two. The tricky bit is, does he hold more objectives, since I hadn't had a turn yet and therefore hadn't actually claimed my objective yet, even though I had about 20 Expert Conquerors deployed on it?

2 answers to this question

Au contraire! As per 18.1.1, you do have control of your home objective. Before the first turn, you automatically gain control of all objectives you are sitting on:

After set-up is complete but before the first battle round begins, each player gains control of all objectives that are within 6" of any friendly models and more than 6" from all enemy models.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 10:27 PM, Dogmantra said:

Au contraire! As per 18.1.1, you do have control of your home objective. Before the first turn, you automatically gain control of all objectives you are sitting on:

Just to add on to this, when you check for control of objectives at the end of a turn, you check control for all objectives (including ones your opponent controls) but only the active player scores any points that turn

• Like 1