Ironjawz Path to Glory

mwills11

Hello all

So our local club in Tunbridge Wells is running the Path to Glory campaign to try and stir some AOS into the club. Lately our club nights have been very busy but with very little AOS being played and the majority of the old 8th ed players still trying different games or simply playing 30k or 9th age. We are still GW lovers at heart so trying this campaign is the perfect way to go. Currently their are 8 or so players taking part.

When it came to choosing an army i wanted to get into the feel of AOS and pick one of the new army/factions and decided Ironjawz were for me.

I rolled for my warband, choosing a Megaboss to lead my troops. 

10X Ardboys

5X Brutes 

5X Brutes

5X Brutes

5X Brutes

3X Goregruntas

1X Warchanter

i seemed to roll heavy on brutes and intact insisted on a re roll as i actually ended up with 5 units of brutes but wanted to roll up Goregruntas to make the start    collecting box viable.

And so i built some models and did a test scheme on a Brute...

unnamed.png

i wanted the armour to be a more generic colour and more natural chrome as i had it in mind to always go mental with the blood splatter as i really wanted to try and make them seem violent and flesh eating rather than cartoony.

Next up is an Ardboy so will try to replicate as much as i can on slightly smaller model

thanks

michael

I like the idea of them being too busy killing to paint their armor. Have you thought of adding some rust. If they are too busy with the killing then they might not take the time to care for the armor. It would serve to break up the chrome. 

Anyway keep me posted on your campaign and how it work. I want to do the sone-third similar here and am not sure if I want to go for a straight slow grow campaign or a path to glory. 

4 hours ago, MightyQwan said:

I like the idea of them being too busy killing to paint their armor. Have you thought of adding some rust. If they are too busy with the killing then they might not take the time to care for the armor. It would serve to break up the chrome. 

Anyway keep me posted on your campaign and how it work. I want to do the sone-third similar here and am not sure if I want to go for a straight slow grow campaign or a path to glory. 

I have not tried doing rust before, have you got a particular technique? I was mainly keeping the chrome quite bright as if its too dark the blood wouldnt pop as much. I also think i need to do more work on the skin. Thanks for your comments though and i will post about the campaign, its due to start second week of October. Now its about getting the test models right ready for mass paint

They citadel technicals are great for easy rust effect without going into oils paints. Do a coat of typhus corrosion where you want it to be rusty followed by a dry brush of Rysa Rust. If you Google the name of those paints Warhammer TV made some videos on how to use them.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Hey,

Your Brute looks great. Good work!

I am yet to fully read the Path to Glory rules, however I am surprised you get so much stuff. In my head it was for warbands that grew, not what is essentially a full army!!

Depending on what you choose to lead the warband it affects how many units you get.

Generally it's 6 units with a leader on foot and 4 with a behemoth leader, but Orruks get an extra unit on everyone else [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, MightyQwan said:

They citadel technicals are great for easy rust effect without going into oils paints. Do a coat of typhus corrosion where you want it to be rusty followed by a dry brush of Rysa Rust. If you Google the name of those paints Warhammer TV made some videos on how to use them.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

OHH ok thanks for that, i now know what i will be doing this evening! I like those videos and was using some techniques for the blood splatter.

7 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Hey,

Your Brute looks great. Good work!

I am yet to fully read the Path to Glory rules, however I am surprised you get so much stuff. In my head it was for warbands that grew, not what is essentially a full army!!

thanks chris! i was surprised also but Dan Comeau kept telling me to roll that d6 and more and more brutes kept coming up. I believe silent joe was moaning (quietly) about his Slyvaneth against Greg's Stormcast.

Archived