Putrid Blightkings x 5 (180)
Putrid Blightkings x 5 (180)
Bile Trolls x 3 (200)
Bile Trolls x 3 (200)
Bile Trolls x 3 (200)

War Machines
Plagueclaw (180)

Total: 2000/2000

Haven't taken any formations since I can't give the characters any extra command traits or items. Anyone got feedback?

I have the models to field another 15 blight kings, 30 warriors with sword & board, 4 beasts of Nurgle, a lord of plagues and a rotbringers sorcerer. Haven't put them in as they don't seem to synergize as well as the above units. 

Don't take Festus unless you know you can use the Balewind Vortex. His spell is worthless without it. You need to have cast it twice before you get into combat. He's also too slow to keep up with the unit he is healing as that has a 1? Inch range.

Bile Trolls rock! Take as a single unit of 9 and cast Daemonic Power on them. Given you have no command ability make one of the 9 trolls into you general and give him Lord of War Command Trait. This gives them 2+ rerolling ones, 2+, -2, D3 damage from memory. Also your attacks explode on a 5+!

So much for Nurgle cannot do any damage.

29 minutes ago, Nico said:

Bile Trolls rock! Take as a single unit of 9 and cast Daemonic Power on them. Given you have no command ability make one of the 9 trolls into you general and give him Lord of War Command Trait. This gives them 2+ rerolling ones, 2+, -2, D3 damage from memory. Also your attacks explode on a 5+!

So much for Nurgle cannot do any damage.

This might work, if you give the chaos sorcerer the crown of conquest it'll give the large troll unit immunity to battleshock, otherwise it's still a target an battleshock will still be brutal.

19 minutes ago, KhaosZand3r said:

1) You have 25 Blightkings?! That's a lot of cash to shell out.

2) I have to agree that a Chaos Sorcerer Lord would probably be preferable over a different caster.

3) Is Bloab's casting really worth more than Orghotts' Command Ability?

5 of the blightkings are converted stormcast (and by converted I mean head and weapon swaps of average quality)

10 of them are Hadross gutter friars from Wrath of Kings that I've converted with tentacles and ogre weapons.

Have I been reading Demonic power wrong? I thought it was rendered obsolete by Epidemius' tally (re-rolling wounds of 1, then hits of 1, then +1 to armor saves)?

As for Orghott's; I bought my Bloab pre-made off a friend so I don't really get a choice with what he is. I thought he was decent in combat and good with magic, I thought the other maggoth lord who makes Nurglings was alright, but I didn't rate the guy with two axes. Is there something I'm missing?

On the whole, if anyone is considering running bile trolls I would recommend them. They had a habit of missing quite frequently since most of their attacks are 4+,  with Epidemius boosting them they are well worth paying 20 points on top of normal chaos trolls.

8 hours ago, Nico said:

Don't take Festus unless you know you can use the Balewind Vortex. His spell is worthless without it. You need to have cast it twice before you get into combat. He's also too slow to keep up with the unit he is healing as that has a 1? Inch range.

I was a little bit bummed out by the range of it. On paper though, it looks like a really good way to get more blightking attacks through. Will try him out and report back.

Are there any other decent Nurgle/Slaves of Darkness heroes that I could replace him with? I'm looking for some buffs to make the trolls and blight kings hit harder and be less grindy.

10 minutes ago, james.speller said:

5 of the blightkings are converted stormcast (and by converted I mean head and weapon swaps of average quality)

10 of them are Hadross gutter friars from Wrath of Kings that I've converted with tentacles and ogre weapons.

Have I been reading Demonic power wrong? I thought it was rendered obsolete by Epidemius' tally (re-rolling wounds of 1, then hits of 1, then +1 to armor saves)?

As for Orghott's; I bought my Bloab pre-made off a friend so I don't really get a choice with what he is. I thought he was decent in combat and good with magic, I thought the other maggoth lord who makes Nurglings was alright, but I didn't rate the guy with two axes. Is there something I'm missing?

Ah, lots of conversions. That is much more reasonable.

You're right, it is redundant. I didn't realize Epidemius affects all Nurgle units, not just daemons.

Not having available is definitely a good reason, and his command ability is somewhat redundant with Epi as well.

So I guess overall disregard my prior comment.

2 hours ago, KhaosZand3r said:

Ah, lots of conversions. That is much more reasonable.

You're right, it is redundant. I didn't realize Epidemius affects all Nurgle units, not just daemons.

Not having available is definitely a good reason, and his command ability is somewhat redundant with Epi as well.

So I guess overall disregard my prior comment.

Yeah Epidemius is all Nurgle, which means he plays well with Skaven Pestilens and all of the Tamurkhan stuff like the Bile Trolls.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Lord Celestant
  •  
  • Nico
  • Members
  • 1,415 posts

^Not sure I understand this.Why not take him? The spell is awesome....

3 hours ago, Tasman said:
  • ^Not sure I understand this.Why not take him? The spell is awesome....

You're not going to be able to cast it for a turn or so because you'll be out of range. To make the most of it you want to lay it on a few times to really get the armor of a unit 6+. If you get it off turn 2, and fight 3 or so rounds of combat against the unit with -1 armor save it is better than hitting someone with it on turn 5, getting a single combat phase and not doing much damage.

I think it's a good ability, I'm going to give him a few tries to learn how to use it properly though. If a tournament allows you to take the balewind vortex he becomes easier to use, so you'd be more likely to take him. If it didn't, you might want to reconsider and go with a different hero.

Just now, Arkiham said:

Thread necromancy! This isn't the undead section :P

I feel like the forums would benefit from people doing a search on their topic before opening a new thread. Need to start marking questions on how to build a broken Skryre list or starting out Nurgle list as duplicates like they do on Stack Exchange. Until more faction books get released I feel like we've already explored a lot of the basic questions for list building.

I'd prefer to get more comments on a single thread in one place, than have 10 threads all titled 'Skryre warpfire help plz' with the same answers. I can't think of a flesh eaters pun to round out your comment about undead, I'll get you next time gadget.

Archived