Homebrew Hero - Orruk Megaboss

MarvelBeatsDC

Hi all,

I got to play my first Silver Tower game this weekend and boy was it fun, thoroughly enjoyed it and certainly want to get a lot more games out of it. This is where I am hoping this awesome community can help me!

A month or so ago I bought the Orruk Megaboss, I don't play AoS sadly simply because the gaming group I used to throw dice with rage quit after the death of 8th. It was a fantastic mini so decided to buy it just on the reasons of its bloody awesome. I'd like to get some use out of it however so been trying to get it playable in Silver Tower if nothing else.

Below is some experimental rules I was toying with, bear in mind I've only played one game and only seen a handful of heroes so not sure if its under/overpowered. I am hoping this forum can help me out there!

I was trying to keep it characterful, make him quite killy without being totally gamebreaking.

Orruk Megaboss

Mv3 / Sv5+ / Ag2+

_________

Boss Choppa(3+)      Combat    4+      1

Rip-tooth Fist(5+)    Combat    4+       D3

_________

Strength from Victory : Each time you slay an adversary you may make an additional Boss Choppa attack against an adjacent enemy - this only applies once per round

Waaagh! (5+) : Add +1 to your Hit rolls for each hero in the current chamber for the current phase

Good spot Dez...I was erm, testing people...you passed *cough*

Yeah, I don't know why I put 2 for the agility! He's no namby pamby nimble elf!

I had Mv3 / Sv 5+ / Ag 5+ more in mind. Idea behind the Sv was to not make him too tanky, make him more killy than tank. And likewise, not give him an agility too high, idea being he's quite slow for his bulk (its a colossal miniature!). Thanks - didn't spot I'd got the agility so low!

Save seems quite low, but idea was to try and make him killy (without being OP) to try and reduce the hits he'll take to make the save less relevant.

Renown: Gain an additional renown point if you slay an adversary via Strength from Victory

@Double - Thanks, I knew I'd missed something - I forgot his renown bonus as well.

Mv3 / Sv4+ / Ag6+

Boss Choppa(1+)     Combat    4+      1

Rip-tooth Fist(5+)    Combat    4+      D3

Strength from Victory : Each time you slay an adversary you may make an additional Boss Choppa attack against an adjacent enemy

Waaagh! (6+) :  Rip-tooth Fist's activation cost is 4+ for this phase if all heroes are in the current chamber

Renown: Gain an additional +1 renown if you slay an adversary via Strength from Victory

Tried to edit the original post to update this but can't seem to find an "Edit" feature, so reposted it here.

Increased cost to use Waaagh! to 6+ and changed the bonus to reducing its activation cost if all heroes are in the current chamber. That only increases the chance of being able to activate the action and doesn't change its hit value, so a couple more hoops to jump through with this version.

Thoughts?

Archived