Death At Warhammer Day

Sception

Celebrate Warhammer Day This October With Two Sensational New Miniatures -  Warhammer Community

https://www.warhammer-community.com/en-us/

https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer

Warhammer Day coverage has started on Warhammer Community & twitch.  I don't think we're expecting anything big for Death factions (apart from the lovely Warhammer Day Limited Release Vampire Lord above), but there are a number of things we theoretically ~could~ see.  Nighthaunts are about due for a new battletome, and there have been a couple rumour engine pics that could be night-haunty.  There are also some yet unexplained rumour engine pics that could be Fleasheater in nature.  And the Kainan's Reapers Underworld Warband sort of implied we might see Ossiarch archers at some point.  Again, none of that is really expected in the short term, but if we see any of that, or any other Undead content reveals, I'll be updating this post with it.

image.png.05f359f282c735a02c7c1e9c0a82c51e.png

Pre-show starting now.  The boys havin' the usual hobby chat.

40k first.  -_-

Hey, off topic, but how do I turn off auto-emojis on this forum?  When I type "-_-" I mean "-_-" not "-_-".
"-_-" does NOT convey they same feeling AT ALL.

Some genestealer cult stuff at least, so that's p. cool.

Age of Sigmar, here we go, fingers crossed

Bluh, Nurgle stuff.  I mean, fair enough, they're due, but eh.

That's it for AoS.  Boo.

Bloodbowl stuff.  Dungeonbowl?  Seems neat.

Nothing undead in the starter box, but the factions/teams for the game are college of magic themed, which promises interesting future possibilities for 'college of death' team.

image.png.6f3561036b93da95d5da5e7df8add072.png

Warcry next with a new starter.  Nothing for death, but some nice terrain at least.  Hopefully it provides a better starting point for the game.  There's some nice rules for AoS undead factions in Warcry, but the game is a confusing mess to get into, really unclear which rulebooks are current, which are deprecated, and which are even still available.  Would be nice to have a more clearly defined starting point.

Coverage for Warhammer Plus now.  As an AoS player primarily, Death factions specifically, I still don't see any point or benefit to it that even remotely justifies the cost.

Underworlds Harrowdeep!  Give me undead pirates!

image.png.03025d5bae2dbe75e83321da8ef32fa3.png

Nope.  Ogre pirate.  Still pretty cool.

30k.  last primarch looking nice, but "-_-"

ending with a teaser for a new red gobbo mini.

AAAAND that's it.  Nothing for Death, unfortunately, but again we weren't really expecting anything, and I'm at least still riding high on the very impressive Soulblight release, so not too terribly disappointed.  Especially with the Warhammer Day vamp lord.

Oh, well.  Maybe next time!

Edited by Sception
  • Confused 1