Hello!

The Stronghold

Hi, I'm Gareth and I'm the owner and admin of the Ogre Stronghold website :)

I'm not really known on the tournament scene (only been to two tournaments in my life!), but I've been in the hobby since 1995, starting out with a £5 box of Orc Warriors! With all the pocket money I could muster, I then expanded them into a full greenskin army. With their bright red clothes and weaponry, they were the height of fashion in those days.

In 2004 I turned my attention to what was the upcoming new Warhammer Fantasy army, the Ogre Kingdoms. Excitement took hold, and I was tired of seeing so much negativity about the Ogres on the likes of WarSeer at that time, so I decided to build the first Ogre Kingdoms fansite on the net where other Ogre fans could talk about the new army together without wading through the hate.

12 years later, the Stronghold is still around and has an exciting new focus (the entire Destruction Grand Alliance) and it's about to have a fresh lick of paint (brand new website), I still collect Orcs and Ogres (or Orruks and Ogors in today's lingo - love that I can mix these factions now), and I'm feeling pretty enthusiastic about Age of Sigmar and GW's recent changes in direction as a company.

Thanks to Ben for the invite, and I hope to continue doing what I can to help build this community of ours! :D

Thanks for getting involved Gareth,.  I thought that my new forum would be a "tough sell" to get other existing forums to join in as it may seen that I am invading your turf so I'm really happy the you see the benefit is joining our community.  

Where are you from? We should get you out to more events! 

I think this hub is a great idea TBH, I hope it succeeds and I'm happy to be part of it, I think it could help strengthen and grow the entire community which really benefits everyone - AoS hobbyists and websites alike!

I'm over in Northern Ireland, I'd love to go to the SCGT next year though after watching it from the intertubes. I'd like to get over to Nottingham this year sometime too, when work permits :)

Archived