Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
- City: Hammerhal
- Mortal Realm: Aqshy
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: Inspired
Runelord (100)***
- General
- Command Trait: Blood of the Twelve
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
- Universal Prayer Scripture: Curse
Battlemage (115)***
- City Role: General's Adjutant
- Mortal Realm: Ghyran
- Lore of Cinder: Wings of Fire
Anointed on Frostheart Phoenix (315)***
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Lord-Castellant (130)***
Gotrek Gurnisson (435)*
- Allies
20 x Ironbreakers (230)**
- Reinforced x 1
20 x Ironbreakers (230)**
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Longbeards (105)***
- Ancestral Weapons & Shields
10 x Vindictors (280)*
- Reinforced x 1
Emerald Lifeswarm (60)
*Hunters of the Heartlands
**Hunters of the Heartlands
***Warlord

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 435 / 400
Wounds: 106
Drops: 9

Here is the list I am currently looking to run at a local 1 day tournament. Would appreciate any input / ideas on how to improve it. As far as options go I've got pretty much all Elf and Dwarf options but minimal human options when it comes to available models.

Many thanks and greatly appreciated. 

Looks like a solid list, very durable and gotrek will do work.

I'd say it's weaknesses are a lack of mobility, ranged power projection, and the fact you'll almost always be going first.

Regarding possible changes I'm not sure if you really need the second 20 ironbreaker block? You already have 3 anvils in the phoenix, vindictors and 20 ironbreakers and will only be able to use all-out-defence on one of them. Could consider gyrocopter/allopex/aetherwings plus something with a bit more hitting power greatswords/irondrakes/evocators?

Other question is the investment in emerald lifeswarm with just 2 spell casters per turn. If you're consistently casting mystic shield (phoenix) and wings (mage) its a bit uncertain when you'll be able to use it, especially against opponents with strong magic.

@Leemer Yeah that's a problem I keep running into as I try to set up power pairs / synergies.

Shackles would another great choice and id rather have it but it puts me 5 points over. As is. I honestly threw in Lifeswarm just because it fit points wise and to have it as an option incase my Ironbreakers get into trouble and the battlemage's movement spell wouldn't be as important later on if I position correctly early game.  

I cant do a direct trade on irondrakes as they are 160 vs the Ironbreakers 115. And without Bridge or other reliable movement shenanigan's plus no buff cart ... I just dunno. I feel like i would want more support to make the Irondrakes shine.

Sisters of the watch are even more at 180 and I would want to include a nomad prince to help their output. Not as necessary though. I could do Shadow Warriors but again at 120 points I'm 10 over and need to shuffle some other areas.

Honestly I want to use some Demigryph Knights but I just don't have the models currently. I could do Drakespawn Knights ...

BUT that messes with my Battleline durability and will make my grand strategy more of a liability ...

Edited by Slave2Chaos
Formatting / Spelling

On 8/14/2021 at 9:22 PM, Slave2Chaos said:

Battlemage (115)***
- City Role: General's Adjutant
- Mortal Realm: Ghyran
- Lore of Cinder: Wings of Fire

Consider the Ghur mage instead.

He gets +1 to cast in Ghur, where all games take place by default at the moment, and his spell helps Gotrek go where he needs to go (+2 to run and charge).