750 pt COS midget

Ciotola

hi, english is not my language.
I will try to write short and easy sentences so as not to make mistakes.

I bought a greywater start collecting and wanted to do a 500 pt old style dwarfs as a "summer assignment"

I would like to play as much as possible a shooting list with irondrakes and maybe a couple of girocopter / bombs. or volleygun / battery.

if you have any advice on what to mount and how to expand greywater start collecting i will be grateful

edit : what are the dimensions of the old square bases for infantry / dwarf heroes and girocopter? ty

Edited by Ciotola

For 500 points, you aren't going to get much.  On its own, the greywater start collecting is already 360 points, leaving you basically enough room to build that and add a 2nd unit of ironbreakers/longbeards.  If you build the ironbreakers in the box as irondrakes, you are left with 95 points, which is enough for... nothing, unless you replace the cogsmith with something else.

If you are looking to expand out to 1000 points though, your options open up a bit.  The "Core" of an irondrakes list is:

Runelord
20 Irondrakes

On its own, this is 420 points.  From here, the "best" way to expand it out is to add in a squad of 10 longbeards (giving re-roll 1's to wound to the irondrakes, screening them, and giving you your second squad of battleline).  This brings you up to 525 points.  However, this build is very slow, and isn't really going to be able to move around and hold objectives.  It is going to murder anything that walks up to it though.

From here, I would look to build the rest of your force out to play the objective game.  If you want to stick with dwarfs, gyrocopters and gyrobombers are decent, but not great.  To add some mobility and be able to threaten your opponent, you can also go ahead and run a battlemage and the soulscream bridge, allowing you to redeploy your army on the table.  Otherwise, you can look to add a second threating force, and bring a unit of hammerers and a warden king.

Here is an example 1k force:

Runelord (general, artifact - arcane tome)
Warden King
10 Longbeards
20 Irondrakes
20 Hammerers
Soulscream Bridge
Recommended City: Tempest Eye or Hallowheart

Example force 2:

Runelord
10 Longbeards
10 Longbeards
20 Irondrakes
Gyrobomber
Gyrobomber
Gyrobomber
Gyrobomber

Example force 3:

Runelord (general)
Celestial Hurricanum w/ Celestial Battlemage
10 Longbeards
10 Ironbreakers
20 Irondrakes
Soulscream Bridge
Recommended City: Tempest Eye or Hallowheart

The recommendations for tempest eye are because tempest eye gives you extra movement turn 1, the ability to run and shoot for a command point, and you can have a general trait that gives an aura of +1 to wound.  This gives you extra shooting power for your irondrakes, as well as the ability to get them in position to contest objectives.  The recommendation for Hallowheart is due to it giving you 2 spell casts for each wizard (and arcane tome makes you a wizard), and you get a spell that gives +1 to wound.  Combine this with either the Hurricanum or all out attack, and you can have your irondrakes with a profile of 2+/2+rr1/-2/1.