Explain like I’m five - Coherency, Pile in and removing casualties

Coyote

Question

Assuming successful charge - Can someone give examples of the Charge, Pile In, and also retaining Coherency after removing casualties?

Maybe an example using Fyreslayers with 32mm and Skaven with 25mm?

2 answers to this question

16 hours ago, Coyote said:

Assuming successful charge - Can someone give examples of the Charge, Pile In, and also retaining Coherency after removing casualties?

Maybe an example using Fyreslayers with 32mm and Skaven with 25mm?

2.0 or 3.0.  The new edition is changing a lot of things: you now pile in to the closest unit rather than closest model and coherency is more restrictive for units over 5 models strong.

So, I charge Clanrats at the Fyreslayers- Make the charge and have 5 in base to base with 4 servings as a back row if you will each touching 2 of my CR, but I have not piled in yet.

Assume I have a whole unit of 20 CR - all touching 2 with Coherency after the charge.

Fyreslayers go first - and he piles around my CR - he does his best but due to terrain, another combat or whatever he’s not able to get more than 5 in combat for whatever reasons.

FS pile in is key - Right?  He should be planning his Coherency based on whatever wounds I do - it’s not smart to fully wrap around unless he’s got a legitimate reason.

FS does their attacks - say I take wounds from my back not breaking any Coherency.

I attack back and Miraculously he takes 2 unsaved wounds creating a Good Fyreslayer.

So - he’s removing his Model - he needs to pick to not break Coherence- otherwise he loses everything in a line until coherence is found even if it means going down to 5 models.

Does that sound accurate?  At no point can we break the coherence rules, even with pile in and removing our dead models.