Head size compatibilty - Kairic Acolytes

EntMan

Planning some upcoming purchases - I am thinking of getting a box of 20 Kairic Acolytes. 10 will be made up as intended, to serve Tzeentch, perhaps I'll bless a few with minor mutations.

The other 10 I am thinking of making into an alternitive gladiator type take on Freeguild Greatswords for my Living City army by trimming or smoothing off the obvious Tzeentch symbols and bits. They will obviously need new heads and my current plan is to get some heads from Forgeworld for them, either Stormcast heads or World Eaters Legion MKII (maybe trimming the 'horns') off.

My question is if any of you fine folk have tried anything like this before and if you have any thoughts on how well this would work head size to body size wise?

image.png.9e09f4f96c62ca9f6bad088f1290ff52.png

image.png.bf1e95e284f790c0ca7b948c6822d896.pngimage.png.8736a391c1faa3af851933cb7a09c2de.png

Edited by EntMan

• EntMan changed the title to Head size compatibilty - Kairic Acolytes
On 6/20/2021 at 1:57 PM, Ragequit said:

The Kairic Acolyte body includes the neck (head has no neck) so some work will be required since all the other models heads include the neck.

Thanks! That's really helpful, and the photo too.

The neck issue is the easier way round - easier th remove the neck from the Acolyte body or the new head and smooth the join with greenstuff than to have to greenstuff a whole new neck.

Current thinking is to use the World Eaters heads and then I can get a Aspiring Deathbringer and de-khorne it and switch the axe for a sword to have as my unit leader as I think it'll match well.

image.png.6eda55f7137bd38b24599c7ca1b8d167.png