Warhammer Fest 2021 Death Previews

Sception

The Show is over, but the warcom recap is live at: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/03/warhammer-fest-online-day-1-warhammer-age-of-sigmar/

image.png.4f1806206675a9fc2e5b990a371b0aae.png

We have our release window, and it's this month.  Start saving!  Get ready to start pounding f5 on GW's pre-order page!

image.png.7d7252331a1de241a88802882fd54824.png

image.png.91e2efbd258b0f8f2edf6f7ab4365b9e.png

Queen and founder of the Vyrkos dynasty.  Wolf themed, buffs wolves, can turn enemy models into wolves?  Did I hear that right?  Edit: apparently yes.  "A vampire ancient beyond calculation – and a powerful sorcerer to boot – the matriarch of the Vyrkos is a force to be reckoned with. She’s said to be able to command Dire Wolves directly and even curse living mortals to become wolves with a gesture of her wizened hand."

image.png.d02c141d867ab02c20695fb86a68d1f4.png

gN3rIbQHsk3zI3va.jpg

Radukar, after being killed in the Cursed City game, returned in a monstrous bestial form.  Weird that there are blood-born on his base, but there isn't a separate bloodborn unit.

image.png.18010da9ab2dcbb9a3f6d707ace9b9d5.png

apMebapdINiLfpDb.jpg

Lauka Vai, the Mother of Nightmares, special character, 'has a twisted nobility, like the blood knights'.  Leader of the "Avengorii dynasty," who follow the Blood Knights policy of feeding only on the strongest prey.  "A hideous amalgamation of bat, drake, and humanoid body, Vai is nevertheless possessed with a sliver of self-control and even conscience. She remembers the pride she felt as a fierce warrior queen, and she hasn’t allowed herself to succumb completely to her instincts."

It seems like we're getting her instead of Vhordrai (or Abhorash for that matter 😛).

image.png.d8c6765d25646b4865105f05dd86b4d1.png

Generic version, Vengorian Lord.  Bizarre concept, but I've come around on it.  "Embodying the true nature of all Soulblight vampires, these transformed lords revel in self-loathing. Vengorian Lords are powerful warriors and wizards – fighting at the head of Soulblight Gravelords armies from every dynasty."

image.png.683db0f9a4ae096ce914637b2625cf45.png

image.png.24fe8a184efcd9871cdcb17477596ce3.png

New dire wolves.  I like them, even if I had been hoping for a return to the 5th/6th edition 'vampire wolves' concept rather than the 7th/8th edition 'zombie wolves'.  Still a huge step up from the current models.  I'll be replacing my own.

image.png.db4df2cd3cf6f1a4ca068139c2318f1d.png

Example army.  Current Vargheists, Terrorgheist, and Corpse Cart are notably present.

"You've now seen the full range of Soulblight Gravelords miniatures"

Which, if you'll forgive some editorializing, is a bit strange to me.  Particularly the lack of Blood-born as a separate unit, given that they're present on the base of Radukar the Beast.

Also notably absent: no faction terrain piece, and no endless spells.

In non-death news, the Kragnos model looks cool.  Playable in any destruction army, which, I mean, ok.  Would have preferred for him to have his own brand new lionel faction, and give the other destruction bosses their own god models, but so be it.  "The centaur of attention!"  Ha!  Looks like in the wake of the Broken Realms campaign, Destruction may be the /only/ grand alliance that's still intact.  More of an alliance than it's ever been before, even.

SATURDAY EVENT: AoS 3.0 announcement!

I'm not expecting any death specific stuff, but if I see anything, I'll add it here...

Yup, nothing for death specifically, not unless that swamp teaser at the end was about nighthuants, but I strongly doubt it since they implied the teaser was for the faction opposite the sigmarines in the new starter box, and I strongly doubt they'd do stormcast vs. nighthaunt twice in a row.

Still, exciting new.  Definitely looking forward to 3e, even if I think some aspects of the transition story in Broken Realms could have been handled better.

Edited by Sception

And just like that we know that there was no new Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon. Sucks to be right, but it is what is it. I'm overall actually pretty meh on the new ones aesthetically personally, but that could just be my tastes.  

I always thought a new kit was unlikely, but I did think it was possible we might see a bespoke Vhordrai kit that uses one sprue from the ZD/Terrorgheist and another, new sprue for the named rider with maybe a variant dragon head.

Honestly, I think I prefer the Lauka/Vengorian to that, but it's admittedly a total marmite model, so I absolutely understand those who don't.

• Like 1