Shadow Warriors vs Shadowstalkers

Archibald

Hello fellas,

i have a box of Shadow Warriors/Sisters of the Watch and i am not shure how to build them. Oh and i already have 9 Shadowstalkers.

Shadow Stalkers seem so much better than Shadow Warriors. So i don't really think that the Shadow Warriors would be worth it.

But the other option would be to build 10 Sisters of the Watch. It feels like i should have a t least 20 or 2x10 to field them so that they can shine on the battlefield.

But back to the topic: Now that we have Shadowstalkers, what do you think about Shadow Warroirs? Are they still an option for you?

In general, I would default to shadowstalkers, as I think they are one of the strongest units in the game point-for-point, but I think its dependent on your city and rest of your list.

On-board deep-strike is substantially better than off board, as they can hold your own backfield or act as a screen while simultaneously threatening an opponents backfield. Shadow warriors would require 2 units to do the same. Stalkers are also sturdier and fight better if not in cover.

However, times I can see the warriors being better are

1. In living city, where you can reliably deep-strike charge if desired with fire-and-fade. Note that this is only better if you know you'll actually have enough CP to do so, and aren't 
  2. The arrival shooting is important. Its not a ton, and can't really kill a strong hero on its own, even if they get the bonus from cover. Ironically, here, living city is worse, as they have other good deepstrike shooting options
  3. If you go hog-wild and make the warriors battleline. This is pretty uncommon though, 

On 4/22/2021 at 3:39 AM, Archibald said:

i have a box of Shadow Warriors/Sisters of the Watch and i am not shure how to build them. Oh and i already have 9 Shadowstalkers.

Shadow Stalkers seem so much better than Shadow Warriors. So i don't really think that the Shadow Warriors would be worth it.

But the other option would be to build 10 Sisters of the Watch. It feels like i should have a t least 20 or 2x10 to field them so that they can shine on the battlefield.

But back to the topic: Now that we have Shadowstalkers, what do you think about Shadow Warroirs? Are they still an option for you?

Shadow Warriors are okay.  They are good. But they are not Sisters of the Watch great.  The latter is a unit that gets better the more you take.  20 is good, but if you lose lots it hurts.  Granted you need lots of drops to make ambushing SotW work.  For me that's not hard since I am okay with 3 x 10 EG.  I have 60 painted up now but covid so haven't had a chance to play seriously with them.

I used Shadow Warriors once when the CoS book came out then never used them again and only take SotW now (and a few units).  Expect Shadowstalkers to change over time.  they won't stay as good as they are indefinitely.