Kurdoss in doubles format

Jaxler

My local store is running a two v two, 1k each league. I'm playing legions of nagash, and my partner is running skaven. They're bringing sniper teams and screens, and my list is grand host with 30 grave guard, 40 skellies, a necromancer and our boy kurdoss as an ally. The necromancer has +1 to death rattle attacks, and the -1 to wound aura for his trait and artifact. 

I'm trying to judge of kurdoss worth it. For 180 points I get more CP for throwing at bringing back units, and I'm getting double the chances to steal CP. I have a 55% chance to yoink a CP a turn, and the local meta lacks many players who can generate extra cp. Still, its 180 points for what is effectively dead weight on the battlefield. I could maybe have him run duty protecting a unit of jezzails, but even that feels iffy. Also I don't know what I'd spend the extra CP on besides rerolling 1s to hit. 

I'm also sitting on 50 points for endless spells. I want a few points set aside for a triumph. I'm considering the palllisade for keeping my necro from getting snipped, but the local meta lacks much shooting besides the rat player, who is my companion in this quest.  

Also, general feedback on the list and alternative builds for 1k would be appreciated. I'm looking mostly to control the board, as the skaven player can deal with heroes and surgically remove problem pieces. 

Edited by Jaxler

I think Kurdoss is a playable tech pick.

At 180 he's not super expensive, and you can expect him to refund 50 of his points by stealing an extra command point for you within the first three rounds, more in doubles. He's also decently beefy, even though he does not get the 6+ Deathless save as an ally. Of note, though: He still grants a 6+ ward to other units, because the only requirement for that is that those units be near a friendly DEATH hero.

I think the trick is getting Kurdoss into close combat. Because he does deal good, high rend damage in a faction that otherwise does not get much of that. To me, that means he should probably be sticking to an infantry unit for most of the game. He's not really fast enough to go hunt heroes on his own, but since he flies you might be able to catch an opponent off guard if they try to engage your infantry unit. Grave Guard don't really need more punching power, but keeping him nearby your skeletons gives them a chance against high-armour targets.

As for alternative builds, since you want to bring Grave Guard and I assume need two battleline, you can't really change your Legion. Otherwise Legion of Grief could be worth looking into, to take Kurdoss natively. You could also take Vassal of the Craven King on your Necromancer and get even more CP. But I think Grand Host is probably better at 1000 points, since two big Deathrattle blocks with a Lord of Nagashizzar general just seems more immediately threatening.