Newcomer wanting to try one of the smaller scale aos variants, but which one??

Stirlz

1 hour ago, Wired4War said:

As long as both players are wanting to play fun and casual and take the units they like there shouldn't be a problem. At that point level, a large epic model will be at least half the list and so it will balance out by not having many other units to support it. If there is some really really good unit, don't just spam giant blocks of it. I think the small format forces using minimum sized units anyway so you have flexibility to grab and hold objectives.

Just for some inspiration, I am playing in a 1k tournament (on TTS, ofc) and here's the adjustments:

- no units that cost 300 points or more (both as single models or as unit). As an example you can have 2 units of 15 liberators in your army (270 points each) but not a single unit of 30 (480 points).

- tables are 48x48

- objectives are slightly adjusted (for instance, 6 objectives in scorched earth)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marcvs said:

Just for some inspiration, I am playing in a 1k tournament (on TTS, ofc) and here's the adjustments:

- no units that cost 300 points or more (both as single models or as unit). As an example you can have 2 units of 15 liberators in your army (270 points each) but not a single unit of 30 (480 points).

- tables are 48x48

- objectives are slightly adjusted (for instance, 6 objectives in scorched earth)

I like that simple point cap. In a non-tournament setting, I'd be okay letting a friend bring a more expensive model if we talked about it first. Especially if they just finished painting it!

• Like 1