Gutbuster list 2k

Lunk

Hey all. I'm going to be at a 2k tournament end of October.  I am going to play my Gutbusters. I have two lists I'm throwing around. The first is

Tyrant great gut gouger and battle brew 

Tyrant 2 weapons bellowing tyrant 

2 units 6 leaddies

2 units 6 ogor(Bulls) 2 weapons

2 ironblasters 

6 ironguts 

my second list is 

tyrant 2 hand weapons battle brew and ravanger

2 units 12 ogors (Ironists in one 2 weapons other)

2 units 6 leaddies 

4 gorgers

ivet had 0 luck with the First list but I'm looking for any comments or suggestions please 

Couple of things that may help. 

1) try the gutbuster war tribe formation it would mean dropping second tyrant for a butcher and maybe shuffling the units a bit, (need 3 units of ogors) but would mean your army (1st list) is 1 deployment drop meaning you will almost always dictate who goes first. Most times this will be you letting your opponent go first so you can play for a double turn and get into their lines faster.  Also means you get two artifacts

2) if you go with a butcher try to take the one with the cauldron as he will sit behind you army and his buffs could be very useful. 

3) if you don't go down the formation route then try to include the bruiser Bsb, his banner behind the battline adding mortal wounds on a wound roll of 6 to your entire army (close combat) would also be massive. 

Good thoughts. I'd like to try and not use the legacy options. 

The bsb and the formation are both legacy it's a handicap I understand but I want to see if I can avoid them  thank you for your ideas  if I get pasted again I might have to eat a bunch of crow and use some of the old stuff  ?

I would ditch the 2 Ironblasters... They are severely rubbish in game IMO, I'd take Gorgers or Yhettees everytime over them. But as @Sangfroid says the formation is a real plus to the Gutbusters so I'd definitely try to get a Butcher in. Also who doesn't like casting The Maw???

I have been toying with the idea of running a pure list as well. And i second the use of a butcher. Having a spellcaster is pretty great and imo a must have against other spellcasters. If your opponent does not have one, then you can do Maw or mystic shield every round (as long as you don't roll like ******). 6 ironguts with 3+ save is pretty scary. 

List 1:

1 Tyrant

1 Butcher

6 Bulls

6 Bulls

6 Ledbelchers

6 Ledbelchers

6 Ironguts

+whatever you can fit in with your ideas.

I would do formation, but if not, this is how I would run List 1

Archived