Soulblight army 1000 pts

kozokus

Hello again.

I am brainstorming a little bit with myself about the soulblight "faction" and try to assemble things right but can't do something very exciting.

I am quite perplex about the battleline, the vampire knights and dont know what to think about them. After all they eat up a good chunk of  your pool points (520-780) and i wonder how to build an army around them. 

Did someone find some interesting assemblages/combo/builds?

I'm not sure if they work at 1000 points. You'll need two sets for battleline, and then a vamp lord as your leader. That leaves you with barely any points left unfortunately.

I think I'd go Vamp lord on nightmare as general, two units of blood knights, and a double unit of bats, and then save the remainder for summoning skeletons/zombies onto objectives or speed bumps

Yeah, that make things like :

Dragonlord + 2X vamp knight (11models really?)

or

Vamp + 2X vamp knight + summons (risky, you have nice spells to cast instead of summons)

or

Vamp on dread abyssal +3X vampknight (16 models, sigh)

No shooting, an amazing mobility and few models.

On the other side you are damn resistant,  a 5++ on your army, regeneration, reviving banners, mystic shield. yum

To keep it soulblight, you bed to summon in the weaker things you need to fill in bodies. But with only one wizard you only get the first turn before you need to start using other spells.

What if you used the rest of your points on bat swarms to deploy them without summoning? They are fast enough... then you can focus on your other spells from the get go. 

Just a thought

Archived