Competitive Meeting Engagements

Maier666

Hello,

i would like to talk with some of you who play Meeting Engagements competitive.

I know online for the most it's a joke and I can understand that to a certain degree.

But to those who play and like to play it, like myself and my group I would like to talk about it.

We will play our second tournament at the start of october, so would be interesting to know how your lists look and what you are about.

To start of I will show you my list with which I am 8-0 in tourny prep:

Allegiance: Slaves to Darkness - Damned Legion: Knights of the Empty Throne

SPEARHEAD

Be'Lakor (240) - Spell : Spite-tongue Curse

5 x Seekers (120)

MAIN BODY

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (110) - Mark of Chaos : Tzeentch - Spell : Mask of Darkness

Knights of the Empty Throne Varanguard x 3 (280) - General - Command Trait : Annihilating Charge - Artefact : Corrupted Nullstone - Mark of Chaos : Khorne

20 x Chaos Marauders (160) - Axes & Shields - Mark of Chaos : Khorne

REARGUARD

6 x Raptoryx (90)

TOTAL: 1000/1000 WOUNDS: 70

While I play little AoS anymore, I am still a huge fan of ME and won't even bother with the game over a 1000 points.  I think the flaw with ME is that you can bring larger unique models to the game which tend to dominate it.  In the games I have played, uniques were limited (either via # wounds or cost) so people could still bring something like the Changeling, but not Skarbrand or such.  In that environment, I played Death Grand Alliance with a focus on  just bringing stuff that interested me.  Mostly a mix of Nighthaunts and Flesh-eater courts. I did alright with the stuff I used, but the games were very enjoyable and tended to come down to the wire. 

Since GHB20 dropped, I have not played AoS, but plan to circle back once things get better.

Really? I thought the opposite.

Big Modells are great but I thought small units with bodies do far better.

I think a combibation is really key, but we had never had a problem with big Monsters/Heroes. ( except the bull*#it with the hanging over the edge what we simply dont do).