Removing account

zilberfrid

Like almost all forums on the net, account removal is not a standard practice nor function. Even admin/mods are unlikely to remove an established users account from the site. It breaks the coherency of threads and conversations. 

If you are unsatisfied with remaining a member then you can simply change your email to a random string of letters and log out and then never log back in and you won't get emails from the site. Of course this also means that you'll never be able to use password recovery or validate your account in the future should you have a change of heart and wish to return.

I'd also encourage you to consider, instead of resorting to fully leaving, considering taking a short break. Sometimes that's all you need to clear your head. I'd also encourage you to use the report function or pm one of the mods/admin if you are having issues with a particular user(s) as mediation and resolution of such issues might be far preferable for all involved. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

Like almost all forums on the net, account removal is not a standard practice nor function. Even admin/mods are unlikely to remove an established users account from the site. It breaks the coherency of threads and conversations. 

If you are unsatisfied with remaining a member then you can simply change your email to a random string of letters and log out and then never log back in and you won't get emails from the site. Of course this also means that you'll never be able to use password recovery or validate your account in the future should you have a change of heart and wish to return.

I'd also encourage you to consider, instead of resorting to fully leaving, considering taking a short break. Sometimes that's all you need to clear your head. I'd also encourage you to use the report function or pm one of the mods/admin if you are having issues with a particular user(s) as mediation and resolution of such issues might be far preferable for all involved. 

I do not have an issue with any of the users, AoS is just not really making me happy. I'll just log out and keep it at that. Thanks for the help!

It's sad to lose you, but yes if you simply aren't into AoS at present, just log out and step away. If you keep your email valid then you can always step right back in without any issues in the future. Who knows a few weeks/months/years and you might come happily back :)

Also don't forget if you're not into AoS, but still like the models we still have the painting and conversions sections. You don't have to be knee deep in army and tactics chats to engage with painting and hobby side of things. 

Good luck out there in the gaming world!