2000.p Dark Elves beginner army with lots of Toys. Also a question about Corsairs

Kokaka

Hi all.

So I have decided to com eback to the hobby again after a long abcence and have created an army with the units I would like to buy and convert. There are still room to tweek to change etc. It is just that I want an outline on what to buy.

Dreadlord on Dragon 300.p

Hydra 170.p

Hydra 170.p

Hydra 170.p

20x Darkshards 200.p

20x Darkshards 200.p

20x Dreadspears 180.p

20x Dreadspears 180.p

3x Scourge Runner Chariots 150.p

3x Scourge Runner Chariots 150.p

10x Shadow Warriors 110.p

Total: 1980.p

I dont know which city to use or if the list is any good so if you have some ideas please feel free to share them.

I have also read that Dark Fleet Corsairs are really bad which is a shame since its included in the Start Collecting Box along with the Chariot and the Hydra, however that might have been last edition. Is there a way that they can be good or fit the type of army I have or am I better off selling them and buy other units?

Any city will work with your models.

Anvilgard buffs your hydras but lacks unit buff auras and synergies. Edit: The Army is build around one spell that negates the armor of an enemy unit.

phoenicium isn‘t that great overall

every other city works pretty well =}

Edited by JackStreicher

So some advice on your list:

Get 2 sorceress's.  Make 1 your general and the other your adjutant.  This lets you take one of those blocks of dreadspears and have them be honored retinue, gives you fuel to sacrifice for your +2 to cast, and gives you a 50% chance for an extra command point each turn.  Take them in exchange for the other 20 block of dreadspears.  They also have a command ability that lets your darkshards run and shoot, giving you a larger threat presence on the board.

Personally, I wouldn't run the hydra's, except occasionally in a for-fun matchup.  They are just too inefficient for what they do.  Instead, I would look to run something like black guard, or fill out more numbers for your darkshards, or (if you go hallowheart) some more wizards/endless spells.  However, if you are really tied to them, then go for it.

18 minutes ago, readercolin said:

So some advice on your list:

Get 2 sorceress's.  Make 1 your general and the other your adjutant.  This lets you take one of those blocks of dreadspears and have them be honored retinue, gives you fuel to sacrifice for your +2 to cast, and gives you a 50% chance for an extra command point each turn.  Take them in exchange for the other 20 block of dreadspears.  They also have a command ability that lets your darkshards run and shoot, giving you a larger threat presence on the board.

Personally, I wouldn't run the hydra's, except occasionally in a for-fun matchup.  They are just too inefficient for what they do.  Instead, I would look to run something like black guard, or fill out more numbers for your darkshards, or (if you go hallowheart) some more wizards/endless spells.  However, if you are really tied to them, then go for it.

Thanks. Well I thought about the hydras due to the Start collecting box since I'm thinking about getting 3. But maybe it is jusst a better investment to get the Scourgerunners alone since the Hydras are not something Im super excited about. 

Does anyone know if a Sorceress on a Dragon is a good idea since I want a dragon, What rides on it is not that important.

4 hours ago, Kokaka said:

Thanks. If I go Anvilguard, then I guess I should buy a Sorceress. Do you have any reccomendations on what to drop?

You could drop one hydra. Yet using 2 Sorceresses and an Umbral Spellportal works best.

I would not recommend a Sorceress on a black dragon.

you could still get 3 start collecting boxes and sell one hydra on eBay =} (single scourgerunners are just too expensive)

in that case you could drop one hydra and 10 Dreadspears 

if you want more infos about Anvilgard I can recommend AoSCoach (keep in mind though, that the channel is Tournament play focused, yet it yields a lot of information)

https://youtu.be/ErAIIQXf-I8

Edited by JackStreicher

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

You could drop one hydra. Yet using 2 Sorceresses and an Umbral Spellportal works best.

I would not recommend a Sorceress on a black dragon.

you could still get 3 start collecting boxes and sell one hydra on eBay =} (single scourgerunners are just too expensive)

in that case you could drop one hydra and 10 Dreadspears 

if you want more infos about Anvilgard I can recommend AoSCoach (keep in mind though, that the channel is Tournament play focused, yet it yields a lot of information)

https://youtu.be/ErAIIQXf-I8

Thanks. If I get 3 Start Collecting Boxes , 2 Sorceresses and a Dragon, are the Corsairs anything to have or should I avoid them like the plague?

19 minutes ago, Kokaka said:

Thanks. If I get 3 Start Collecting Boxes , 2 Sorceresses and a Dragon, are the Corsairs anything to have or should I avoid them like the plague?

They are okay as screens.  And they can be somewhat useful.

personally I don‘t feel like painting 30 Corsairs that die like flies ^^
Although you could convert them to be „Free Guild Guard“ (just give them a shield and maybe some human heads) Then they‘d be superb at screening and holding the line.

Edited by JackStreicher

42 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

They are okay as screens.  And they can be somewhat useful.

personally I don‘t feel like painting 30 Corsairs that die like flies ^^
Although you could convert them to be „Free Guild Guard“ (just give them a shield and maybe some human heads) Then they‘d be superb at screening and holding the line.

That is actually a very good idea. Give them the helmeted heads that is less used and comes on a sprue together with a round shield. Then I will have the "normal" Corsair heads to put on Phoenix Guards and use them as Black Guards. Also a fleetmaster which I can convert to a General on Foot. Things are coming together.

• Like 1