New Seraphon player question

SoSoCho

I have a question. Say my Slann gets 3 wounds and then makes the roll 6 shrug from the astrolith bearer. He fails and then allocates the 3 wounds to the nearby saurus guards. Are the saurus guard eligable to get the roll 6 shrug from the astrolith too ? Or do they take wounds directly ?

So you've got the order slightly wrong,

For the Saurus Guard you have to decide to try and allocate the wound or mortal wound to them before you allocate it to the slann,

So you'd decide that, roll the 2+'s, and obviously then any 1's go to the Slann, and 2+'s go to the saurus guard.

Then at that point, both the Slann and Saurus Guard are eligible for the roll 6 shrug as long as each is wholly within 12" of the Astrolith Bearer. 

Hope that helps. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was about to write a bit about how that reads like it would be mandatory to allocate the wound to the protector; but I suppose the Slann has to choose to use that ability? If an ability can trigger in combat must it do so? Could I choose not to trample skeletons with my carnosaur even though there's no conceivable reason for me not to?

15 hours ago, DrDoom said:

I was about to write a bit about how that reads like it would be mandatory to allocate the wound to the protector; but I suppose the Slann has to choose to use that ability? If an ability can trigger in combat must it do so? Could I choose not to trample skeletons with my carnosaur even though there's no conceivable reason for me not to?

I would wager if there is no “you can” in the sentence, then it is an ability that is forced to trigger. Seems odd you cant opt not to use it, although the situations would be rare.